Wednesday, March 21, 2012

You take the good...

And since I just wrote a post on Evan being naughty - here are some fun things about him lately...

He was driving the gator the other day and was going up a hill in our backyard. He was whining that it wasn't going fast enough and was asking Tim to push it. Tim yells back "Evan - just give it some gas and you will be fine." (meaning to press down harder on the accelerator pedal)

So, he finally makes it up the hill and stops at the garage. Kristen (who was over and indulging in a beer and appetizer picnic) nudges to me and says, "Ummm.. look at Evan." I look over and see him dragging a gas can out of the garage and to the gator. It looks like he wants to open it when I say "No Evan! No gas in the gator!"

Evan: "But Daddy said I need to give it gas, Mama!" After a long explanation of the battery-vs- gas gator and a few giggles by me, Evan happily drives off and a near crisis was averted.



I mentioned in a previous post that Emma and I watched some reality TV about finding BigFoot. Well, Emma on Saturday morning ran in from outside exclaiming that she saw BigFoot in our backyard. Of course, Evan was right at her heels and heard this and became all concerned that BigFoot was living in our backyard and was going to get him. He refused to go outside by himself (because BigFoot was going to eat him) and didn't want to play by the swingset because he was scared. We tried to tell him that she was joking and that BigFoot was pretend, but he didn't get it. So - I was trying to think of a creative way to get out of this one. Well, I was at Wal-mart on Sunday browsing through the $5 movies and guess what I found?? Harry and the Hendersons! I LOVED that movie when I was a kid! (for anyone that doesn't know that movie, it is about a family that finds BigFoot in the woods and they bring him home and he lives with them. It is a classic!) So, I bought it, we had a movie night that evening, and I tried to show him that BigFoot (if he was real) was still a nice creature. So then the rest of the night it was, "Yea Mama. BigFoot is pretend, but he is nice! He likes puppies and will like Sage!" And, he seemed to be okay. He has watched it another time since then.



Everything Evan does now is preceeded with "Hey! Check this out!" and then he rolls his car around or jumps from our couch to the chair. Or "Hey Mama! Check this out!" and then he rolls his bike down the hill in our backyard. We even hear the "Hey Mama! Have you checked out Kristen's new van?" Even though they got it about a week ago. If I had a nickel for every time I heard "Hey! Check this out!" I would be a rich lady.



Emma was on Spring Break last week and she spent one day at daycare with her best friend Breezy, a few days with Tim, and then on Friday we had a fun little vacation and went to the Mall of America for SeaLife Adventures (or what used to be UnderWater World) and Nickelodeon World. Evan loves riding the BigRig ride, which is essentially Mini Semi's that the kids ride around on a track. Well, this particular instance, Evan was first in line and excitedly got the first Red BigRig in line. He was happily honking the horn and steering the wheel back-n-forth before the ride started when a little boy came up next to him and wanted to slide in on the seat next to him. Well, Evan happily ignored him and continued on steering and honking the BigRig. The little boy tried to wait patiently and crawl in along side of him, but Evan would have absolutely no part of it. So, the little boy walks around the BigRig and hops himself up through the back window and positions himself on the seat right next to Evan in the Red BigRig. Evan looks at the kid in disbelief, shakes his head, looks at Tim with eyes wide open and points his little thumb at the kid like "what in the hell is he doing?" and then was a grump the entire ride.


Whenever Evan sees an airplane, he thinks it is going to Disney and he is pretty sure that he is going to be an astronaut when he grows up so he can go to the moon. Although, the other day he did say he was going to be a Rock Star when he grows up.

No comments: