Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Adoption

Evan has, shall I say, given up his parental duties or brotherly duties of Mater. We moved Mater into Emma's room a few weeks back for a sleepover. That night, Evan actually changed Mater into his little matching jammies and covered him up with a blanket. Well, since it has been a few weeks, I moved the little bed and Mater back into Evan's room this past week. The response: "What is HE doing back in here?" So, I explained that it was time to move him back and Evan kept shaking his head back-n-forth and finally dragged the bed and Mater back into Emma's room. "He can stay here. I don't want him in my room." So, I tried to do the "What? Why? Mater likes you! You are his brother, he is going to be sad!" Evan basically rolled his eyes and looked embarrassed said, "Mater is a doll!" and then he walked away.

So... I tried... and am now done. I don't want to force it and it really doesn't matter. Evan is such a little boy and really doesn't have a desire for Mater. And, that is fine.

So, I talked to Emma about Mater. She has decided to adopt Mater so Kit can have a little brother, just like she does. One happy family.... without Evan.

No comments: