Sunday, January 5, 2014

Before the deep freeze settles in...

We tried to get as prepared as we could this weekend for the deep freeze that is heading our way.  Right now, the air temperature is -14 and the wind chill is -35.  Lovely...  I am happy to report that the kids do not have school tomorrow, so Tim will be staying home with them. I, however, will still be driving in to work. Thankfully I do not a long drive to work in the morning now.  Anyway....  To prepare for the cold, we tried to get everything possible done early Saturday before it got unbearable.  So I went to the grocery store to stock up and Tim plowed the driveway and shoveled the sidewalk.  The kids played outside both Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon as I told them they wouldn't be outside again until Tuesday.  (Which I lied of sorts as we had Sunday school today. It wasn't too cold out yet this morning)

Saturday afternoon, the Kellogg's had the same idea and came over to do some tubing.

Kristen and Kate about to head down our hill

Emma enjoying the afternoon

Kyra helping out with the tubes on the way up

Evan

Emma getting ready to snowboard

Evan heading down the hill.
Of course, nothing goes better with sledding than hot chocolate so we headed inside once our cheeks were too pink and warmed up with hot chocolate and Christmas cookies!  Then, the kids played with the new toys for a bit and we settled in for the rest of the evening.

I am glad we made it out and am hoping it doesn't get as cold as the weathermen say it will.

No comments: