Can you say too many days off of school? So far, with holidays included as well, Emma has had 8 days off from school in January. 5 days for the cold, 2 holidays (New Years and MLK) and one random Friday off before MLK day.
So, suffice it to say that the kids are going stir-crazy. We have been mixing it up a bit between Tim staying home, myself staying home, and occasional days to Theresa's. But still.. stir crazy.
I was at work on Monday and Tim was home. I came home to this:
Anything for a buck, right? The kids were so excited about their art sale and Tim mentioned that they had been working on it all afternoon. So, of course, I bit...
![]() |
| Just in case you didn't know... there is an art sale |
![]() |
| Mom! Reminder - we are having an art sale. (and yes - this is punk Emma. I told her the hat looked cute on her and now she wears it constantly) |
And I get to the top of the stairs and see a line... for the art sale. It made me laugh. Then - they were pretty adamant that I had to stay RIGHT there. So, I looked a bit closer at the line of stuffed animals waiting to get into the art sale.
![]() |
Each stuffed animal had money laying on them... you know... for the admission to go into the art sale.
|
Evan had raided his piggy bank to put money on each animal. And then because Evan had his money out, Emma told him that he had to pay admission to get into his own room to see his own art work. And because Evan adores Emma, he paid her.
Then.... Tim told Emma to give the money back.
And then, I was finally allowed to continue to the art sale. But was told I was in the wrong line and I had to go into my bedroom to the end of the line.
When I walked in, I saw this.....
One large "stuffed" animal waiting to go into the art sale. I laughed hysterically.
I have to admit - this was pretty creative. It was fun to see their minds at work with this one while on a day off. They were not just sitting in front of the TV or playing on the iPad,.
So - I went into the art sale and bought a piece of art from both of them. Evan drew the Grave Digger Monster Truck and Emma did a portrait of me.
So sweet!







No comments:
Post a Comment