So Emma and Evan stayed home with Tim while I ventured into work. It is a good thing that I now have a very short commute as the roads were bad, even in the small little town of Lake Elmo. The kids colored, watched TV, played cars, wrote stories, and basically enjoyed another free day from school.
That night the three of them headed to the cabin while I stayed at home and enjoyed a girls night out with friends. It was a night of reminiscing about Croatia, eating good food, and enjoying company other than our children's for a bit.
Saturday, I headed up to the cabin to join them. Luckily I was able to hitch a ride up with my sister-n-law Jill, so I didn't have to drive on the roads by myself. Also this way, the Heuer house didn't have 2 cars at the cabin.
We drove up to the cabin where it was like this: (pretty beautiful, I think)
Deep, deep snow with large piles of it everywhere!! Because we had too much on the roof of the cabin, Tim & Dad spent much of the weekend doing this:
![]() |
| Looks life fun, right? |
![]() |
| Tim - I think you missed a spot. |
![]() |
| Probably telling me "no more smart comments" |
SLEDDING!! We have a really good hill for sledding at the cabin and the kids took advantage of it! They were out there numerous times during the weekend. Their cousins Brandon & Jordyn were up also and took in the fun!
![]() |
| Evan and Brandon |
![]() |
| Jordyn and Emma |
![]() |
| The 4-man Bobsled team |
![]() |
| The big hill |
![]() |
| At the bottom |
We also enjoyed a wild turkey supper up there with Tim's family, visited, and just relaxed.
Other than the bad roads, this past weekend was a really good one!













No comments:
Post a Comment