Monday, February 18, 2008

The sneaky girl...

I know I alluded to it in the past, but Emma has new-found freedom. Not only in her little yellow chair that she constantly is dragging behind her, but her sneakiness. She is starting to hide things - such as candy or gum - or find something she is not supposed to have and then run away from me as fast as she can so I cannot catch up (which, thankfully for me, I still can :-)

She has a stash of gum hidden SOMEWHERE and I still don't know where. She took it out of my purse the other day and now it is gone. First, for the record, she loves gum. Probably because I never let her have it. But, she does not get that one should not swallow it. I know the old wives tale of gum not digesting for 7 years is not true, but still - she does not need gum yet. Anyway - so she has her stash and every once in a while, she will be walking around with a piece of gum in her mouth, smiling like the cat that ate the canary. "Emma - where did you get that gum?" "Gum, Mama?" As she smiles and runs away as fast as she can.

The other day, her and Kaylee were playing and Kristen and I were talking in the kitchen. All of a sudden, it was too quiet - a NOT GOOD QUIET. Then, Kaylee walks into the kitchen with a sucker. Which prompts me to go to the living room where Emma is sitting on the kid-size chair with candy wrappers around her and eating a piece of chocolate. NICE. Then - she runs away as fast as she can.

It is that way with everything. Magazines she has ripped pages out of, my make-up bag she is in, any other trouble she is creating. She looks up at me, cocks her eyebrow and smiles then runs away as fast as she can.

It is a good thing she is cute :-)

Now - on a somber note, I found out that a college friend of mine has passed away unexpectedly. We used to party together in college, he was in our group I guess you would say, so wherever our parties were, he was there. We would talk a bit at the parties and in the dorms as he was roommates with other friends of mine. Plus, he went with me to pick out my snowboard. We weren't close, but still friends. It is horrible - you just don't expect this stuff to happen. Although I think the last time I saw him was at my or Megan's wedding, it still doesn't stop my head from turning and wheeling around about all of this. It just makes me sad.

So - this is to Josh - It was great to know you and party with you. You are in a place now where Metallica is always playing and the motorcycles are fast. The next time I can drink - it will be in memory of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great tribute Kelly. Here's to Josh!