Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The chatter box

I was the lucky one this evening that had 3 carseats stuffed in the backseat of my new Corolla to pick up not one, but 3 little girls from daycare. I wish I would have taken a picture - because they were so cute back there. Anyway, Emma LOVED having company on the way home and I liked to have someone to talk to - aka. Kyra. Emma never really talks to me on the way home. I ask her what she did during the day and the answer is always "Play" and then I ask what she ate for lunch and she always answers "Cheese". Cheese is always her meal of choice. Then she sucks her thumb for the rest of the way home while looking out the window. Pretty quiet. Anyway - so Kyra and I are talking about her day and I am trying to talk to Kaylee too, but she doesn't answer. So, this is my conversation with Kyra.
Kelly: "So Kyra, Kaylee doesn't talk much yet does she?"
Kyra: "No, we need to teach her how to talk."
Kelly: "Do you think we need to teach Emma how to talk?"
Kyra: "No, Emma talks A LOT!"

Which is true, tonight Emma was completely WOUND UP! I think it started because of the three of them in the backseat of the car. She loved picking them up. Her and Kyra were laughing all the way home because I would open up the back windows and close them. (I love power windows - it is the simple things to keep the kids happy!) Emma and Kyra thought that was hilarious. Emma also thought it was hilarious to say, "Bob, Bambi, Apples" between laughter. That would only make them laugh even harder. It got to the point tonight later on, where I just wanted Emma to be quiet. Even Kristen said while we were eating supper, "Yeah - what do you do about that one? She is never quiet!" Nope - that is my girl... the chatter box.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I dreamt you had your baby already. You had it like three months premature, but don't worry, "it" was all right (in my dream it was a girl). I probably dreamt that b/c my kittens are trying to make babies, so it's on the brain! Haha!