Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The ring leader

Yesterday and today I had the pleasure of picking up Kyra and Kaylee from daycare again - which I do enjoy. I know that my sister feels bad, but I really don't mind. If it was every day, sure, it would get busy, but once in awhile? Seriously, I am happy to do it. Emma LOVES it also. She gets so excited when I tell her we have to go and pick up her cousins. Then, they are talking and laughing the whole way home. Who is the ring-leader of the group? That would be Emma. Right away she says Hi Kaylee and Hi Kyra and then is trying to get them to laugh. She always does the same thing, but it always does make them laugh. All she says is "Bob?" then looks at Kyra and they laugh hysterically. Then she does the same thing with "Bambi?" Then laughter ensues. Hey, whatever it takes to get a laugh I guess. Then she was singing songs and they were looking back and forth at each other and laughing. It is pretty fun.

Emma has suffered some trauma lately - well, trauma for her, not really for anyone else. Her beloved Bambi pajamas are broken so she cannot wear them. The zipper is off the track or whatever. So, I was out with some girlfriends on Monday and when I came home, the first thing she had to tell me was "Bambi - broke" in the most serious tone and big eyes. Then, we had to go through the same trauma every night when it is bed time. "No, Emma, you cannot wear Bambi jams, they broke." "Bambi - broke??" Yup - every night! The next trauma came from when her new Cinderella doll's shoes were missing at daycare. She had to bring her Cinderella dolls to daycare to share with the kids (which, I heard she did very good at sharing!) but they could not find the shoes. It was pretty hard on the kid as everyone knows how much she loves shoes. (just the way I like it!) Luckily the next day Theresa found them, but for that night, she was pretty worried about 'Rella's shoes.

It is funny how Emma is starting to get more particular about roles that Tim and I have. For instance, she loves the "Ni-Night" game as we call it. However, I try to play that game with her and she looks at me and says, "No Mama - GO! (then pushes me away) Daddy Ni-Night." Thanks kid. Plus, with other things, rocking her good night, reading stories, she seems to be pretty particular at who does them. Tim says it will only get worse after baby #2 is born - she will always want him as she will feel slighted by me. Hopefully that is not the case!!

She had a wonderful Easter and really got into it! Dying eggs was great fun! She only spilled the dye over once and cracked about 4 or 5 eggs (or ovals as she still calls them.) She wanted to eat the eggs/ovals right away, shell and all, but the next morning when she actually did - she did not enjoy them at all!

Finding the easter eggs/ovals and basket left by the bunny was her favorite. Right away when she got up, I reminded her about Easter and the bunny. (and did try to throw in the religious story too, which was lost on her) She found her first egg right away and was very excited to find her favorite candy in them - M's! Then there were a few other eggs with some jelly beans, star bursts, and a few quarters. That tricky bunny was hiding them everywhere! Her basket was found in the bathtub - which she thought was hilarious! And she loved her little Cinderella doll and new Dora movie. I think she had a very happy Easter!

Later that afternoon after nap time, Nana had her annual Easter Egg Hunt! We decided that despite the elements, it would be outside, so we bundled all the kids up in their snow pants and boots and brought them outside. They all had a great time with that! They were running around finding their color of eggs and eating the goodies inside. and of course - what is an Easter Egg Hunt without splashing in some puddles?

Everything else is going well. I have been feeling baby #2 move a little bit, so that is really neat. I have been trying to exercise and stay in shape- so that is good. Work is stressful, but good. I have been hearing some nice things about my new role and my performance, so that is GREAT! All the feedback from the managers has been positive and since this is a pretty highly visible project, I am very pleased with that. Hopefully I can maintain the results!

It is up to the cabin this weekend where the carpet should be installed - so our basement is almost done! YEAH! Emma loves the cabin, so it will be nice to be there and relax a little!

Oh yeah, Tim is good too :-)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the congratulatory comments at work!!! I'm confident that you are doing a fantastic job!!!

Yay YOU!

Hugs,
Sarah

Lori said...

So because the bambi jammies are broken, the poor kid is in santa jammies during her Easter egg hunt? lol!

Glad to hear everything is going well!! LOVE reading the blog and seeing all the pictures! :)