Sunday, July 20, 2008

The quiet

It is amazing how quiet the house is when you are used to a toddler running around who is constantly talking or singing. So, obviously, Emma is at Mom and Dad's and she woke up from her nap happy and a total 100% change from when she laid down. I was so thankful for that. It made this whole thing go so much easier. In fact, Emma was so excited to go to Nana & Papa's that she had to wake up Papa from his catnap to tell him she was ready to go. She finally did say when she was eating lunch that her mouth hurt, so once again, I am assuming that it is just teething. Which was a relief.

The next few (quiet) days will be spent working and "nesting". I feel like I am going through a bit of a nesting period as I decided I needed to categorize all of my recipes by meal and put them in a 3 ring binder in sheet protectors. I know - I am a dork. Plus, there is more baby stuff to get ready, Emma's big girl room to organize and so much to do in 7 weeks. It is nice to have some time without a little one following you and messing up everything that I had just done. Tim and I are going out to eat one night this week -so that will be very nice...

Other than that, I am feeling better. I am just happy that she is feeling better- hopefully Em does not give Mom & Dad any trouble. And with that - I am going to work with my recipes and enjoy the quiet.

No comments: