1) The little one is asleep (although NOT in her big girl bed)
2) I (after this post) will be putting away some ADORABLE little boys items I received from my book club members this evening
3) My feet have stopped hurting and my belly is not itching
4) I will be making it to bed by 10:30
5) My loving husband gave me a nice kiss, had a nice evening with Emma and will hopefully be giving me a foot massage tonight (notice how I KEEP mentioning that? Yeah, it still hasn't happened)
Today was a whirlwind of a day, but a great day. I was lucky to have the day home as we do not have daycare this week and next. I met an old co-worker and her daughter Mandy (who is two weeks older than Emma) at Como today. It turned out to be a great day for it. We spoke around 8ish this morning about cancelling, due to the pending storms, but decided not to at the last minute. That is a great thing as the meteoroligists were wrong again and we had not rain. Emma had a great time in their butterfly exhibit and looking at the animals. However, the most fun was had at Como Town riding in the little cars and choo-choo train. Today was the first time she has ridden a carnival ride and LOVED it. She was steering those little cars and trying to honk the horn and really getting into it. Natalie took some cute pictures of us at Como which I was hoping to post, but unfortunately could not save, so I cannot share them.
After Como, we drove to see Tim at work for a bit. Since she didn't eat any of her picnic lunch at Como, we got her a corn dog, which proved to be just the thing she needed. Unfortunately the little monkey didn't get much of a nap, so she was pretty cranky the rest of the day. BUT - the good thing is that I didn't have to endure a whole night of it because I met my book club at Dixie's tonight. Yummy food, great company, and a nice surprise. They had bought baby boy Heuer some clothes, a cute little book, and a big box of diapers! The funny thing is that I was just wanting to go to Target to buy some newborn diapers as they are so cute and small compared to what I am used to now. We discussed the book a little bit too :-) "The Devil in the White City" is a fabulous book and I recommend it highly to anyone!
Otherwise, everything else is going well. Today was my first real uncomfortable day being pregnant. I am sure a lot of it had to do with walking around Como in the hot sun and high humidity, but it was worth it. Emma is good, not wanting her bed and we are working on the potty training pretty hard this week. We will see how that goes.
With that, I need to go to bed. It has been a long day.
No comments:
Post a Comment