Friday was a crazy day. Emma went to daycare in the morning for her Halloween party. Theresa said all the girls had a great time dancing to Halloween music and running around in their costumes. I bet they were pretty cute. After the party she came home to nap and then our party began.
Evan pretty much just hung out for most of the day with me. To him, it was a normal day. Well, I guess there was a lot more craziness than normal. Here he is in the morning, enjoying the peace and quiet.
The neighbors came over mid-afternoon, then Emma woke up and the excited/anxious chatter started. Tim had the train all set and ready to go, so Kristen and I thought we should take it for a test drive. The girls had SO much fun - it just made them more excited for the rest of the family to come and for us to go out trick-or-treating. They decorated the "Boo Train" as it came to be called and then after a quick supper - they were ready to go.
Unfortunately with all the madness, I never got a good picture of Emma in her costume -OR- her and Evan together. But, I am hoping in the next few days, I can get them in their outfits again and can snap a few. Anyway, Tim and Evan stayed home to hand out candy and the rest of us were off. I think in total there were 5 trick-or-treaters and 6 adults in the train with the kids and the train handled us all very well. We were out for about 1.5 - 2 hours and then came back. Here is Emma at home surveying all of her candy. 
All in all it was a great day. I guess I should mention a quick bit about pumpkin carving. Yup- we did it. Emma did not like taking all the "goo" out as we called it. She enjoyed coloring on them with markers - so that is what she did while I carved them. Nope, no pictures of the finished products, but they looked okay.

The rest of the weekend was fairly uneventful. Yesterday Tim went hunting so the kids and I went to Durand. Kim and Andrew were still there, so Emma got to play with them some more (which she loves) and I got a bit of help. While I understand that Tim loves hunting, I am a bit frustrated that he has to be gone for weekends while I am at home. If Evan was a bit older and sleeping better, it would be different, but having a sleep deprived Mama sometimes isn't fair to the little ones. The next four weekends he will be preoccupied with hunting. Luckily today I got a bit of a breather and went out for brunch with my friend Katie and got an opportunity to have a nice workout. So, I am feeling a bit better and ready to take on another week.
I only have 4 more weeks left at home, then back to work. It will be good to have the extra cash for the holidays, but I know it will be hard. Thankfully it is only 3 days a week, so I am easing into it.
That's it. I need sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment