So, I pick up Emma from daycare as usual today around 4pm. She usually likes a snack in the car, so I packed some Animal Crackers - nothing unusual. We get home from daycare, Evan is crying, Emma is talking very loudly, and I am trying to make supper so it is the typical chaos in the Heuer House. I look over at Emma and she is chewing on something. I ask her casually - "Emma - what is in your mouth?" She looks down and doesn't answer. So, more forcefully: "Emma - WHAT is in your mouth?" Emma: "Gum Mama - but you didn't give it to me, Theresa did!" Now, I thought that was suspicious as she was eating her animal crackers on the way home and I don't remember her chewing gum at Theresa's. So, I ask her if she is lying to me and she says like she is annoyed with me "No Mama - Theresa gave it to me!" and kind of rolls her eyes. Anyway, I let it go.
BUT - later that night I am picking up toys and I am putting away her princess shoes and I see something on them. I look a bit closer and I see it is a small bit of dried gum. Now maybe I am thinking way too much about this, but I DID give Emma gum yesterday and she WAS wearing her princess shoes yesterday.... is it possible that she put her gum in her shoes yesterday and then picked it up to chew it today? Goodness, I hope not... First of all, that is just gross! Second - would she think like that for being 2? I mean, I know she is advanced and everything (haha!) but do 2 year olds have that kind of throught process? "Hey - if I put my gum here, I can chew on it tomorrow?" Not sure...
We had a great weekend at the cabin. Tim was hunting on Saturday and we visited with Tim's family. We had yummy steak that night for supper and just relaxed. Sunday we went out for brunch and just lounged around again - not too shabby! I am enjoying my last 2 weeks at home with my little guy (sniffle.. sniffle..) But it will be okay. I cannot believe it is almost Thanksgiving!
Oh yes! Big news for my little guy - Evan rolled over TWICE on Friday! Once I would just call a fluke - but nope, he did it twice! He rolled from tummy to back. Kristen and the girls were here too and witnessed it also. I also gave him his own bath today in the little baby tub and he had a very nice time. It allowed him much more freedom than with me holding him in the big tub while Emma is in there also. Ahh - such changes for my little man.
That's all - peace out.
1 comment:
I'm sure Emma will eat alot of worse things than left over gum before she is grown! Funny story though. Congrats to Evan on the rollover. He will be walking before you know it...
Post a Comment