Thursday, February 26, 2009

and then came the thumb

Ahhh... quiet.... Today was one of those days when I could not wait for the kids to get into bed. Evan barely napped today - half an hour here and a half an hour there - and when he does that, the night time can be difficult. Emma was pretty good for most of the day, she just had a little tantrum tonight. I think that came about because Evan was getting more attention as he was cranky. But, by 7:00pm, I was done. I was thankful it was bathtime and then time for bed.

Evan discovered his thumb today and boy, does he like it. Towards the end of the day, he was finding it very easily and not wanting anything but that. I would try the Nuk and he was just spit it out or turn his head and go back to his thumb. I think part of it is because it feels good on his gums, not so much the sucking aspect of it. Honestly, I don't think I am very happy about it. It is pretty cute and soothing for him, I understand that. But, I feel we may have a hard time breaking Emma of it and then there is the added aspect of germs. (although in Emma's case today, it wasn't the thumb sucking that had me worried about germs, it was the fact that she was sucking on the grocery cart. I know - GROSS! Good thing I wiped it down before I stuck her in it, but seriously!)

Other than that, I already blogged about my weekend. I went grocery shopping today before the storm hit and bought most of the supplies. Tomorrow will be getting the food ready for the shower. Saturday will be the shower and then cleaning my house and getting the food ready for the baptism. Then, obviously, Sunday is the baptism. I am hoping to fit in a haircut tomorrow sometime.

Have a great weekend everyone & enjoy the snow! Tim just came in from plowing and said there was a good 8-10 inches in some spots! Emma will love that!

No comments: