Anyway, my last vacation was fabulous! Tim and I had a great time doing nothing. We went golfing one day AND, I am proud to say, I didn't do too badly. I had some great shots off the tee, but was horrible on the short game. I love (when love really means HATE) the inconsistency of golf. I can't figure it out and I don't like IT! Anyway, back to the vacation... we golfed, had some yummy food, drove Mopeds around Madelline Island, shopped, gawked at some HUGE, very expensive boats at Bayfield, and just relaxed. I never quite realized how small Bayfield was. But, it is. There were times when Tim and I weren't quite sure what to do next. But, we were not gone too long, so we managed. It was nice to just be away and not have to worry about the kids.. and to sleep in... and to take a nap... and to read a book. It really was a very nice time.
The kids had a great time with my parents. Emma barely noticed when we were leaving and I had to go and get her from playing Barbies so she could say good-bye to us. Evan noticed (and it was hard for me to give him to Mom) but he was okay. We received a good report from my parents that both kids did very well. WHEW- big relief.
The rest of the weekend was spent at the cabin and finally - we experienced summer up there. It was hot and humid and I loved every minute of it. I got a little color, tried to swim in the lake for the tri, and just spent as much time outside as I could.
Emma enjoyed her part birthday-part garage sale money gift. A little jet-ski that she can drive all on her own. She was disappointed that she couldn't drive and find the waves, but she had fun driving around the shallow end by the dock. She, like always, is very expressive and made the comment "I don't know what all this crap is doing on the beach" while we were by the lake one day. (it was just some weeds that we were raking up, but of course, she had some comment on it) She gets that from her father, trust me!
Evan had his first real time in the lake also and loved it! More than Emma I would say at this age. He was splashing and smiling while we pushed him in his floaty. He is constantly pulling himself up to things now and trying to balance on his own. He has figured out how to pull out drawers and climb up the handles. He climbed up our two steps leading from the kitchen into the living room. I think that kid will be walking sooner than I am ready for :-)
Work for both Tim and I is the same. Not too much to report there. Tim and I are good too. The tri is 2.5 weeks away. I have to make one comment about the Jon & Kate Plus 8 drama, as I know some of my blog readers watch the show. I am on Team Jon for the most part, as I never understood how Kate could treat him like that. However, I obviously don't know if he was cheating on her and don't agree with that if he was. Anyway - do you guys remember that not even a year ago they renewed their vows in Hawaii?? That is the biggest thing that bugs me about this whole thing. They promised a year ago that they would be together forever, blah, blah, blah, and apparently they were having problems then. Stupid reality TV.
Finally - some pictures. Well, a lot of pictures..
First - our vacation. All of these were self portraits, so not good quality, but you understand.
Golfing in Bayfield.
A shot of the beautiful course overlooking the lake:
Naked Evan playing in the lake. He enjoyed being naked more than wearing his trunks.
In his floaty and loving every minute!
Emma on her kickboard.
Happy Fathers Day! Tim is mounting his trophy bass for his main gift - but here he is sporting the shirt that Emma and Evan made him for Fathers Day. "Best Dad in the World" and then it has their hand prints on it. Emma signed her name also and stamped this that Tim liked on it.
The jet-ski's
Emma enjoying her little one.
2 comments:
Looks like you guys are enjoying the summer!
Now Jon & Kate. I'm actually leaning towards Team Kate. I think Jon is going through some sort of identity crisis since Kate is the bread winner. What's with those earrings and teenager clothing? I don't feel like Kate has gotten any more bitchy, so why suddenly does it bother him after 10+ years? Kate seemed seriously depressed about the split. Where Jon was "excited." He seems to have thrown in the towel. But who knows what's really going on..like you said...stupid reality tv! To go from re-newing their vows to divorce in under a year. wow.
It also kinda seems like since they allowed themselves to spend their money...house, cars, vacations, etc that their issues started. Maybe the simple life has some perks!
Great pictures, Kelly - looks like you had a wonderful time! We'll get a moms night out on the books when I get back :-)
Post a Comment