Sunday, July 5, 2009

crying it out

Evan is crying... still... after 45 minutes in his crib. Keep in mind, he is SO tired, yet will not allow himself to fall asleep. This is driving me crazy! It all started about 3 weeks ago. Prior to that, he was an awesome sleeper. I would lay him down at night or for naps and he would roll over and suck on his Nuk. Now that he can pull himself up - he immediately is turning over even before I leave the room and is standing up as I am walking down the stairs. We go in his room and he is screaming and staring at the door. All I want to do is go in there and lay him down, rub his back, but I know that I shouldn't. So, I am doing the 15 minute wait thing.. Of course his new trick is? "Mama!! Mama!!" while he is crying. Nothing like making the heart break or anything.

Sorry, it has been a long time since I last posted. Crazy busy here with the holiday. We had a wonderful 4th - very busy 4th, but wonderful. My sisters and family came up to the cabin along with Eric & Gaeb and it led to a pretty packed cabin. The kids had a great time playing in the water and it couldn't have been better weather for it. Tim and I went up on Wednesday evening after work to enjoy the cabin to ourselves before the craziness set in! We lounged, ate meals on the deck (which Emma thinks is a real treat!) and played in the water. It was great.

Otherwise - all is good. Work is crazy - but good. We received news that our daycare provider's daughter is pretty sick, so we need to juggle our schedules so we can stay home with our kiddo's. One thing I have learned? Working part-time makes it very difficult to accommodate things like this. My days are as jam-packed as they can be usually, so to stay home or work a half day really throws my work week off. However, there is no chance my kids are going there tomorrow as I really don't want them to get what the little girl has. So, work will deal. It is always there when you get back :-)

Triathlon is less than a week away and I feel pretty prepared actually. I can make it through the swim to get to my stronger suits, which are the biking and the running. I am actually looking forward to it! I am going in with a different mind-set about the swimming and I think it will be okay.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: