Monday, July 20, 2009

But Mom!!

Sometimes, I swear, that if I hear that phrase one more time from my 3 year old, I will go crazy! Tonight is one of those nights. "But Mom - I am JUST not TIRED!" "But Mom, I don't want these Jammie's on!" "But Mom, my fingernails are TOO sharp! They need to be cut!" Argh.. Part of it is my fault. She was doing the same but Mom dance last night and I was too exhausted to fight it. So, she came into bed with me and fell asleep there. So, she is expecting the same thing tonight... argh.

Well - Happy Monday everyone! Life is good here, not too many changes - just good. We were at the cabin this past weekend with some good friends of ours - Megan, Brian & Baby Bennett! It was nice to have some company up there, we were just bummed the weather was cold! Megan and I persevered however, and enjoyed a jet-ski ride in the 60 degree weather on Saturday!

The kids are doing fabulous. Evan has been learning some new things this past week. He can say "Hi!" he can now feed himself a bottle or drink from a sippy, but still prefers if we hold it for him. He can crawl normally - no more army crawl! He will also eat basically anything we put in front of him and must put EVERYTHING in his mouth. I really get nervous that kid is going to choke on something because everything goes in his mouth. Crayons, socks, little things he finds on the floor, barbie stuff - you name it, he finds it and instantly shoves it in his mouth. I do "Evan Checks" on the floor quite often, but Sunday he found a half Easter egg and decided to shove that whole thing in his mouth. He wasn't choking on it, but he had the whole thing shoved in and could not get it out. If I wasn't so scared at the time, I would have grabbed the camera because it looked pretty funny! I cannot believe he is 10 months old already! We are thinking about his birthday party - well, I am, Tim realizes that I am rushing it a little bit.

Emma is good also - the same, feisty, stubborn Emma. She was a bit down and out last week as she had a fever for a few days. No other sickness with it, just a fever of about 100 - 102 from Wednesday to Friday. I think she caught it from daycare and her friend Breezy. Her other friend is out this week with it too. No good. I am a bit worried about her as she has been having a lot more nose bleeds lately. In the winter, I just thought it was because of the dryness, but I am not sure why she would be having so many now. She has had about 5 in the past 5 days. They don't last long, but they scare me. I am going to call the nurse line and check into it.

I am looking into starting grad school within the next year. I figure that my life will only get busier as the kids get older, so thought that starting it sooner rather than later may be a good idea. I will do it slow, taking one class a semester like Tim did, but am kind of excited to do it. Hopefully that will work out okay.

This week is pretty busy for me. I am taking my good friend Katie out for dinner/drinks one night this week as she is leaving for Greece for an entire year! Book club is this week also, which means I need to start reading the book! Then, possibly the cabin again this weekend. hopefully this weekend is nice and hot as I don't think we have had the summer we deserve!

No comments: