Sunday, July 26, 2009

relaxing with some beer and nachos

We had a fabulous day. Emma and I did make it to Church (do I capitalize that??) and she did really well. That was after a yummy breakfast of homemade waffles and sausage. It has been an eating frenzy today really. Good for the tummy ( or stummy) as Emma calls it, bad for the waist. Well, my diet starts tomorrow... maybe :-)

After Church it was playing outside in the kiddie pool, helping Tim hang the last thing on the swingset (like there was room for much more?? I know - we have the swingset utopia in our backyard). But this is one of those horse swing things that two people can ride on. I found it at a garage sale and couldn't resist. The two kids played in the water for quite a bit, then we had a picnic. Emma loves having picnics or eating outside in general. She always says, "Mama, this is such a treat -thank you!" So, we dined on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, strawberries, cherries, and cheese sticks. Gourmet, I know. I was basically aiming for kid friendly - well, 10.5 month old friendly food. While he technically should not be eating peanut butter yet, he loves it. so, how can I deny him that? No allergy, so we are in the clear.

Both kids napped well, but after spending so much time outside in the morning, I was hoping they would. We had some afternoon guests, which was a lot of fun! Emma played with Kaitlyn and Trevor (8 year old twins) which is basically her trying to run and keep up after them. But, they are very good with her and Evan and they all enjoyed being outside, splashing in the kiddie pool and running in the sprinklers. We had BBQ chicken, a vege hash (which consisted of the squash and kale we got in our CSA box this week and while sounds weird, was actually really good) and brownies.

Swimming lessons and a walk to end the evening and now - quiet.. lovely, lovely quiet. I should be going to bed or at least getting ready for bed. But, what am I doing? Typing ( or clicking as Emma calls it) and drinking a beer.

Overall, this has been an absolutely fabulous weekend. Book club was fun and is a great way to kick-off a weekend. Yesterday we cleaned and played with kids, plus I went for a nice long run. Tim and I watched Gran Tourino last night and loved it! Then today we relaxed with friends. What more can a person want really?

This week is going to be crazy, hectic busy. Work will be the worst of it. My co-worker is on vacation. So, in addition to my normal duties, I am filling in 100% for her, training our new demand planner Cari, and trying to get all of my work done for next week while I am on vacation. Now, one may ask, "Well Kelly, are you not very busy on a normal week so you can cover all of that?" My response - "Hell no!" it will be interesting. Since I am in the "my glass is half-full" kind of mood today, I will just say that it is nice they trust me enough to do all of that. It will be a no lunch, no casual talk, get in there and nose to the grindstone week. But, it will fly by! Thursday night I am going out with Jess & Heidi, who I have not seen for a LONG time, so that will be great. Then Friday - VACATION BABY! Tim and I (plus kids) will be at the cabin for a full week - YEA! Daycare was closed and we figured since we would both end up taking off some time and compensating for that, we might as well take off. Thank goodness. I feel that both Tim and I need that to de-compress. Relax and do nothing but play with the kids, fish, and play in the lake. Sounds wonderful - doesn't it? Hopefully we will get our summer and it won't be 70ish degrees. I want HEAT!

Hmm. shall I discuss the kids more? I described Emma and all of her goings-on. Pretend preschool - sunday school - all over feisty-ness. I described Evan and his "getting-into-trouble-sixth-sense." So, that may be it. I really should try to accomplish something else tonight. But what, I am not sure.

Pictures anyone?! Here are a few pictures..

Evan - getting into trouble. Oh sure, he looks all innocent, sitting in Emma's baby-doll play pen. But what he is really aiming for is the window blind cord (drawstring??) to his left. He loves putting them in his mouth. I forgot to put this one up.



Evan's new favorite way to ride on the lawn. Sitting on the steering wheel...




Hmm. Maybe that is it. I looked over my pictures and I haven't really been taking a lot lately. Some of Evan as he is doing a lot of firsts lately. Emma not so much as she always decides to do a goofy face.

Anyway, I really have to get ready for the week. 5:20am rolls around too early!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Kel! :)

It was great to see you at book club Friday, too! I missed it... we hadn't gotten together in such a long time it felt like!

Just the word church does not need to be capitalized... it is a common noun, not proper unless you include the name of the church.

Have a great week!