Anyway, so I am listening to the radio (gee, I thought this would be a short blog post) and the woman start talking about drinking brain blood. Why, I don't know, It was part of the book. After that comment, I calmly change the radio station (as I didn't want to answer any questions about it) and tune out. About a minute later, Emma says "Mama, those woman were talking about drinking green blood. That would be really yucky, like when my nose bleeds, red blood though, not green, and I can taste it and it is yucky. Mama, why would they drink green blood?" Ah crap.... So, I calmly tell her that those woman were being silly and no one drinks blood. They were just kidding. "Yeah, Mama, they were just being super silly. blood is yucky. I don't like drinking blood." So, I proceed to tell her how people don't drink blood and again say they were pretending. "Yeah mama, people don't drink blood. People drink milk and water. Blood tastes yucky!! Especially green blood!" Unfortunately, this conversation lasted the rest of the way home and I had to keep reiterating how people don't drink blood, they were pretending. This, of course, to Emma's "EWWW!! Gross!"
So, I am taking a half day of vacation tomorrow! I wanted to take a full day, but work is too crazy at the moment and a full day just isn't going to happen right now. But, a half day will be good; it will be therapeutic. I am meeting the sister for lunch and then going to see the Titanic exhibit at the Science Museum! yea! I am very excited to see that.
Evan continues to feel better and Emma's cold is basically gone. For some reason, Evan had a horrible night last night. He was crying from almost the time I brought him home from daycare, didn't want to eat or drink and fell asleep at 6:30. Then, he proceeded to wake up about every hour & half until the next morning. It was crazy. He wouldn't fall back to sleep without rocking/snuggling/something. I brought him in with us around 4:30 am, where he promptly fell asleep and then started to snore. Loudly, on my side of the bed where I had no room anyway. So, I let him sleep for awhile and hoped I would be able to fall asleep. No such luck, so I brought him back to his room and wouldn't you know it? My alarm clock went off like 5 minutes after that. Sleep last night was basically a lost cause. I think he is getting more teeth, but I am not totally sure.
So, as said before, a half day of vacation will be fabulous.
Here are some pics of us being home - all weeek - sick. Emma was milking it for all it was worth (just like when her Daddy is sick - ha!) and Evan, was well Evan.
No comments:
Post a Comment