Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Little Hippies

Peace, Love, and Tranquility.....
spoken many times by my Uncle Sam.












Don't you just love these shirts? I do. They were Christmas gifts from Nana & Papa.

All is good here, we had a great weekend at the cabin. Now, of course, the Vikings game is on. Tim is downstairs and I am upstairs. I thought distance would be good, especially after the fumbles the Vikings have been having. Craziness. I have to admit, I feel really bad for Favre - he has been taking a pounding today. Anyway...

I did make it to the Titanic exhibit. It was wonderful. Very sobering, very sad, but very good. It was almost eery reading about everything and seeing the pictures of the people, their belongings, but knowing that they don't survive. It was very much worth the money and I am glad I took a half day to go see it.

We were at the cabin this weekend. Tim took Friday off, so we went up Thursday night. We did some fishing, but nothing was biting unfortunately. Then, we just relaxed. It was really nice.

The kids are great. Emma starts dance/gymnastics this week. She is so incredibly excited and I think she will love it. Evan isn't signed up for anything yet, although we are thinking about swimming lessons the next go-round.

We got a letter in the mail that Emma can do kindergarten pre-screening this year. It seems pretty early to me, but they recommend the kids come in about 2 years prior to kindergarten, so I guess we will sign her up. She seems too little for that!! I am not ready for that yet! Although, I have to admit, after seeing how much my niece loves kindergarten, it has made it easier on me. I know Emma will have a great time as well.

We are all starting to feel a little better here. My throat and ears are still a little sore, but it goes away with the proper medication. Evan still has a slight cough, but nothing horrible.

I am thinking about signing up for grad school again. I know, I can't make up my mind, right? Well, I feel stagnate at work at the moment. I like my job, but I am sick of it. I have been there for about 2.5 years and that is about as long as I have lasted in any position so far in my short career. The problem? I am stuck between a rock and a hard place because I know I couldn't get hired for another position at 4 days a week or working from home. As much as I want to look for something new, I don't really want to, because I am not ready for 5 days a week. But, I need a challenge! So, I am thinking I bide my time at my current position, but start grad school. Ideally, I would like to keep my 4 day a week gig until Evan is in school. Anyway, that is how I am feeling today. Ask me tomorrow, it may be different.

Tim is good. He is very excited about our future puppy and has been reading books, finding breeders, and doing everything he needs to in order to be ready. We aren't getting one until May-June, but he will be ready when that time comes. Emma is pretty excited too. She has been saying how the puppy can sleep in her bed or the kennel can be in her room. Probably not, but I am glad she is excited.

Anyway - off to finish laundry, make lunches, shower, etc. 2 more minutes to go in the game. As much as I hate to admit it, I wouldn't mind seeing Brett win. Notice, I said Brett, not the Vikings.

have a wonderful week!

No comments: