Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pneumonia and ear infection

My poor little kiddos. This was not a good week for them. I noticed they were getting colds on Sunday. Actually, Evan has had an on/off cold for about a month. The hard part is that he has been getting a lot of teeth lately also. They say that along with teeth comes running nose/cold like symptoms, so it was hard to tell with him. Anyway, Monday started off like normal. My alarm went off at 5:20am and my day started. My day however, took a turn for the worst at 8am when I saw my daycare providers number on my caller ID at work. That is never good.
So, Evan had a fever and was looking pretty droopy. After a call with Tim, It was decided that I would go and get Evan, bring him home, then Tim would come home in the afternoon so I could get some work done. It basically went downhill after that. Emma wanted to come home around 1:30 that same day as "I just can't breathe Mama!". Tuesday they were at home with us also as Tim and I juggled schedules again. Wednesday they were home with me. Emma still had a bad cold. Evan had a low-grade fever, bad cough, runny nose, etc. However, I thought they both had turned the corner. Emma, yes. Evan, no.
Today, I took Evan to the doctor and he was diagnosed with walking pneumonia and an ear infection. Seriously! My poor little guy! I feel so bad for the poor little one and I feel like a horrible Mom! I had a doctors appointment for him last week for his month-long cough (and yes, the Nurse line told me to wait about that long) but then I cancelled it because I thought he was doing better. I guess not. Anyway, he is now on medication and will hopefully turn the corner soon. The good thing is that this whole week, Evan was still acting pretty good. His eating habits had changed and he was droopy when the fever hit, but with Tylenol, he was his happy go-lucky self. Emma is already feeling better. No real concerns with her, which is good.
Other than this stressful week, everything is okay. I am playing with my new phone the Palm Pre!! Love it so far! I am really behind on work, but it is what it is, right? Luckily, some much needed girl time on Sunday with Book Club and my work Christmas party on Saturday. So, Tim and I will have a date, which is very nice and needed. This week has made us cranky... at each other :-) Never good.

No comments: