Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Emma!

Four! Already! How can my little girl be 4 already? Ahhh - to think back to that day... 4 years ago right now, I was in the hospital. My water had broke, but the nurses gave me medication to calm me down, help me sleep, and get me ready for the next day when my baby would be born. I wasn't that calm, I wasn't really sleeping, I was nervous/excited/scared/basically everything. The next day, May 17, at about 5:45pm, Emma Rose Heuer was born.

We had her birthday party today and I think it was a huge success! It was a Disney Princess party, but we had a few Barbie items thrown in also. The neighbor girls hitched a ride on the birthday train to come over around 3 or so to play.



We played a lot outside and then retreated inside for some presents, pizza, and cake.




Kyra's birthday wishes for Emma.


Barbie Cake


Evan wishing Emma a Happy Birthday!



Presents!! She received many nice presents! A Princess Bike from Tim and I - which has training wheels! A Mermaid Barbie, Polly Pockets, Camera, Dinner and a Movie, Swimsuit - so many nice things!







A few pictures of our guests...






Then, other random pictures of the day:







All-in-all, it was great. The weather couldn't have been any nicer. The girls took about 3 rides on the Birthday Train, Evan took about 6 :-) I have the day off tomorrow and Emma and I are spending the day together. We are going out for breakfast with the neighbors in the morning, then she is having 4 year old pictures taken, then a possibly play date with a good friend, then down time. This weekend was very busy, but fun. Down time is needed.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Looks like she had a great day!