Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A family reunion

This past weekend we were up at the cabin for a family reunion... of sorts. My family came in from Montana, my family came up from Durand, and my family came up from Milwaukee to spend some time at the cabin. In the end, it all turned out awesome! Emma had a great time playing with all the cousins and they all went deep swimming together. At one point, Emma was about 50-60 feet from the end of the dock and it was so amazing to see it! She has been making such strides with her swimming the past 3 or 4 weeks and it was been cool. The adults had fun catching up, playing games, and telling stories (and getting thrown off the jet-ski!) We all get along so well and just have fun together. It is very nice.

Other than that, all is well in our house. Busy, as normal. I am getting ready for school that starts in about a month and Evan's 2nd birthday party! AHH - how could that be?! Next week I am at the Leadership conference and I am very much looking forward to that! However, they are long days; I start around 7:30 in the morning and end around 8 or so in the evening. Most of the evenings include a working dinner though, so that should be nice!

We decided to eat out last night as I had no desire to make supper. I was pretty much avoiding the weekend "just got home from the cabin mess" and didn't feel like finding something to eat in the freezer, so, my kitchen was closed. We went to a local favorite, Ray J's in Woodbury, and while we were waiting for our food, we were coloring with the kids and visiting. The radio was on and "Poker Face" came on by Lady Gaga. Emma looks up at me and says "Huh... Lady Gaga is playing" and then goes back coloring. I, confused, look at Tim and then back at Emma. "Uh, Emma - how did you know this is Lady Gaga?" "Umm.. I don't know Mom, I just knew" like any 4 year old would know Lady Gaga. Now, I am a constant radio switcher; always trying to find a better song that is playing. Primarily, though, I listen to country music. So, it is not likely that Emma has heard this song repeatedly from me - or from Tim. He is not a Gaga enthusiast. So, I am still not sure where that one came from.

Evan is still enjoying his Lightning McQueen balls. He and Tim play catch now. Evan always says "Ball fun! Ball.. fun!" It seems as though right now we have an ambidextrous son. He typically always throws with his left arm, but eats with his right. I know a certain Occupational Therapist that sames hand dominance isn't decided until around 3 years old or so, but I am betting he is going to be a lefty.

We will be home this weekend, which is always nice. We have a lot of plans, seeing friends, errands, so I am sure it will be jam-packed.

I received my blog books last week in the mail and they look so good! Better than I pictured actually. It is so neat to read all the stories, the happenings of the kids, see the pictures, etc that I captured for them. I have 2 volumes so far and printed out 2 copies of each so I can give one to both Emma and Evan as they get older. I am hoping to blog more, post more pictures, capture all the moments so they will know the funny stories, funny sayings and expressions they had. It is pretty cool.

1 comment:

Molly said...

oh i want to see pics of your blog books - post some pics or send me a link to them on blurb! congrats - those books are a ton of work!

Love all your updates lately!