So, I went to my Women's Leadership Conference last week and it was awesome! Not so awesome for Tim since he was playing single Dad for the most part with the drop off & pick up with daycare, supper, dishes, bath, bedtime duties all being done by him. I have to admit that it was hard to be away from them for the week, as I got home late some nights, but it was worth it! Part of the session was talking about the many hats that women wear and I was just thinking about that tonight as I am trying to be story-teller and keep up the blog for the kid's sake, student while studying Marketing so I can test out of that general, housekeeper as I sit around and look at my cluttered house, wife as I wish I could spend more quality time with Tim, Mother as Emma just fell asleep and Evan sometimes cries for his Nuk, Co-worker, daugher, friend, etc, etc, etc... I think we all average 10 - 14 hats that we wear at times. Sounds exhausting doesn't it?! The good thing is that I gained a lot of perspective from the conference and found it a very valuable use of my time. I learned to have no regrets, let go of my guilt, and enjoy all that comes at me. Hell, I am going to take over the world! Haha!
So, after a week of not being around a lot, I was really looking forward to spending the weekend at the cabin. We had beautiful weather and swam a lot, spent time with family, ate yummy food, and just relaxed. Emma continued to make large strides swimming in the water, Evan really enjoyed his "ishing" and Tim and I relaxed. We did go deep swimming again so both kids could swim under the pontoon tunnel and Emma and I swam from the red ball buoy to the family cabin. I even did that without a life jacket as I hope to overcome my fear of swimming in a lake without a flotation device :-) I have to do it for my kids' sake, right?
Emma had her kindergarten screening today and did awesome. She told me all about it as Tim and her had a special Dad & Daughter morning. First, they went to McDonald's for pancakes and she proudly told me that she ate her pancake without sryup because she doesn't like it. Then, the testing. She did awesome and passed with flying colors, but honestly, I wasn't overly worried about that. She had a little trouble hopping on one leg, but other than that, no learning concerns. She did have an eye test and was found to have 20/30 vision. The nurses said not to worry about that, as she is young and her eyes are still developing. However, I may do a follow up visit with our eye doctor and have her checked out also. She was so proud of herself and promptly came home to do homework and get ready for school. I have been trying to do homework some nights also, so I think she feels it is cool when her and I do our homework together. This was her synopsis of the day:
"First, Daddy and I went to McDonald's because we had a special morning without Evan. Then I went to school testing and I had to be really quiet and couldn't talk while looking at cards. I got to build blocks too. Then, we went to another building and I got to listen for birds that got louder and softer. Then, I went to another building and I played. It was fun." Tim told me that Emma made a pretty big deal about it with Evan also that HE still had to go to Theresa's and SHE was getting school tested. She is 40# and 41 inches and normal, so that is good!
Evan is good too - or awesome as I was saying tonight and "offome" in Evan speak. He would get right up in my face, tilt his head and say "OFFOME!" He has been turning more into a little boy as of late. Growling and roaring a lot, using a deep "scary" voice when talking and just being a little terror. He was pretending his dresser in his bedroom was a rock climbing wall tonight and decided to climb up it. We are getting ready for Evan's 2nd birthday party, which I am sure will be a Lightning McQueen party theme. He loves the little cars and always has to be carrying 1 in each hand at all times. Of course, Emma has taken more interest in Cars lately too, so he and Emma are constantly fighting over the cars.
Here are a few pics tonight of the action:
Outside with the sweetcorn. We had BLT's and sweetcorn for supper. A nice summer meal!
.

No comments:
Post a Comment