With the addition of school coming on, plus new responsibilities with job, I have decided that I need a nightly routine. So, Tuesday nights (and hopefully Thursday nights) will be my blogging nights along with various other things to get done. Homework will be Monday when kids go to bed, an hour on Wednesday (after Tim and the kids help me clean), during nap time on Friday and Sunday nap time and evening also. Saturday is open for now, but I am sure will quickly be filled with errands, cleaning, homework and misc. crap I have to do :-) Everthing is subject to change and I am sure, will change :-) I am sure I will be fine.. however with new job duties comes nervousness and with one statistics class comes nervousness. I have recently been told that I may have a potential Europe trip coming up for work in October and can be assured that more travel will come also. So, wish me luck!
I just got back from my St. Thomas orientation for the MBA evening program. Yes, I am excited for class to start, but that just brought on the whole uneasiness of my new schedule. Anyway, the cool thing about the orientation was that I ran into a person from Durand that works at St. Thomas! We talked for awhile, swapped business cards and plan to meet up again soon.
The kids are doing okay through all of this change. Emma has been a tad on the whiny side, but I am still wondering if daycare is the culprit of that as I feel she is somewhat bored there. I am in a bit of a quandary about daycare as of late as I would really like to get Emma in more of a preschool atmosphere but really think Evan is good in a more nurturing environment. All of the preschools in Stillwater are 3 days per week, so that won't work either. Our current daycare provider really loves the kids and does a great job, but I am wondering how the next week year will go as Emma's best friend Breezy will be in kindergarten. Emma is the oldest child there, then Evan, that a 1 year old girl and a 3 month old boy. We were told that Emma will start a preschool like program once school starts there, so I am hoping so! I am sure I will have more to post on this one later.
We were at the cabin this past weekend and were delighted to have some friends up! My friend Heidi, her husband Scot, and her children came up for the day. We didn't tell Emma until the day they were arriving as to avoid the "Mom! When will they be here?" questions. But, she was SO VERY excited when she heard her friend Ava was coming to play. And.. play they did! Right when the family arrived, the girls rushed to Emma's room to play Barbies, then rushed to the basement to play Weebles, then rushed to get suits on and go outside. It was great! They both played well together and pushed each other to do more things in the water, which was good for Emma! She was jumping in deeper water than normal and getting her face wet!
Heidi and Scot have another daughter Reese who is a few months younger than Evan. Evan adores Reese! He was sharing his food with her, sharing (sometimes too forcefully) his toys with her and even leaned over to her and gave her a little kiss on the cheek when the evening was done. It was so sweet! He wasn't shy at all, just leaned in and planted one on her! All the adults saw it and of course Tim was all "That's my boy!" and I just laughed and thought he was a bit too young for his first kiss!
We are getting ready here to celebrate a few birthdays! My sweet little boy turns 2 in a week and I took the day off from work to spend it with him. My birthday is coming up soon also - yea! Maybe Tim will let me sleep in a bit :-) Here's hoping! We are having a Car's themed birthday party for Evan, as we loves his cars... any cars really. I went to a garage sale this past week and they had a whole bucket of matchbox cars for sale, 5 for $1. So, we picked out 5 and Evan was in heaven! So much so, that when we went to Culvers later that day, he didn't know where he was going to put his cars. He had one in each hand and was trying to juggle 3 on his arms pressed to his chest. However, they kept falling out. So, Evan tried to have 2 in each hand and have one pressed to his side. But, alas, they kept falling also. The solution?? He decided that 2 in each hand was manageable and stuck the other in his mouth and wanted to carry his last precious car that way. Hilarious! He doesn't want to give them to anyone to help out, but he sure is a problem solver trying to figure it out!
Good news to post also!! I just got my car back! That's right, it only took 9 weeks after the accident to straighten out the insurance and get it done. I have to admit, it took a LOT of phone calls on my end, some not-so-kind words on my end and the filing of a claim with the State of Minnesota Commerce Department against that insurance company to get it done. I have no good things to say about the insurance company of the car that hit me, they lied to me, were rude to me, and were a huge pain in the ass to deal with! But, finally - they paid and I now have my car. It is like I have a new car again! I forgot how to drive it I feel like- but the kids and I were very happy to see it. (also, side note on the way to get the car, Evan started singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star - so cute!)
That's all for now. I hope everyone has great plans for Labor Day Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment