A family pic:
Otherwise all is good here. We are around this weekend and enjoying seeing friends, having barbecues and just being home. Here is Evan trying to help out and get his shirt on all by himself. He was getting pretty frustrated by this point and wasn't very happy with me that I went to get the camera first instead of helping him out. He would prefer to be clothesless if we let him. It is not uncommon for people to come over and he is either without a shirt or shorts. (always a diaper though, we just cannot trust that kid without a diaper)
And then, on Friday, it was our clean-up day. I decluttered the mess from the week and Emma had to put her clothes away and clean her room. I love the way she cleans lately. I had her pick up our living room the other day and she stacked all the pillows by each other on the couch, laid 3 blankets on top of each other and then used them to cover a shelf and then stacked all the little people buildings along one wall. I would love to be inside her head when she is decided how to put things away. Here are some pics of her room and the good job she did. She is so proud of herself when she is done and I like it that she has started to help out a bit.
All of her Barbies in the party corner:
And here is the top of her dresser (my favorite part). I love how she stacked her polly pocket box on top of her jewelry box and three figurines on top of that. Then, (on the left) she has all of her bracelets lined up on the top. Anyway, not that exciting, but cute I thought.
Some kid-isms:
Emma:
We were reading one of her favorite muppet stories before bedtime one day and it was the "I go to Preschool" book where Kermit goes to preschool. There is a section of the story where Kermit and Miss Piggy sit on a mat for quiet time and listen to stories. Emma looks at me and says, "Wow Mom, that would be really hard being quiet for so long. I don't think I could do it because I like to talk too much." And yes, whenever I am reading stories, she is constantly interrupting me to ask questions.
Evan:
We are still trying to wean him from his pacifiers or Nuk-ers as we call them. Many times, we keep his Nuk's in a little box on top of his dresser and we take them away when he wakes up and give them to him before bed or nap. Well, he LOVES that little box and can be found many times trying to climb up to that little box to steal a Nuk. Well, we had Nuk's in our kitchen one day and before nap, I was helping him climb up the stairs with the two Nuk's in my hand. He stops on one stair, looks at me and demands "Mama, NUK!" I laugh and say, "No, Evan, not until you are in your bed." He looks at me again and instantly his eyes fill up with tears and he loudly proclaims "NUK!" So, being the horrible, I-can't-stand-the-tears-so-here-is-your-Nuk- Mother that I am (especially because we were heading up to his bed anyway) I hand him a Nuk. He instantly pops it into his mouth and proclaims again and holds out his little hand "Nuk - two." Yup, he wanted to me to give him the other Nuk so he could have two. And yes, I gave into him again. . . but come-on! Have you seen how cute he is?
Otherwise, I think that is it for now. Have a great Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment