Emma: "Mama, the real word is restroom. But, yes, I have to use the restroom before bed."
And.. something Tim was dreading:
The scene: Tim and I are cooking in the kitchen and in walks Evan, clothesless but with a diaper on. He is happily sucking on a Nuk and carrying his beloved B (his blanket). Now, mind you, before this, he was fully clothed and playing with Emma. So, Tim and I exchanged looks and then Tim finally asks "Evan, where are your clothes?" "Emma! Emma!" says Evan, ratting her out. Hmmm... so, Tim goes to investigate. He finds Emma in their room: "Emma - what happened to Evan's clothes?" And of course, the answer:
"Daddy, I had to take them off because I wanted to put a skirt on him!"
We were up at the cabin this past weeked for Friday and Saturday and had fun. It was nice to have some good family time. We fished a lot and the kids were happy that we were catching a lot. We went out in the boat fishing Friday morning, which the kids LOVED! Not so much for the fishing really, but for the fish that Tim and I were catching and throwing in the live well in the boat. The live well was positioned so that the kids could play with the fish, net them, try to pick them up, whatever. We had Sage with us on the boat also and she enjoyed this part as well because a few times she stuck her paws in the live well. She also had fun trying to catch the fish that the kids dropped :-) At times I thought Sage was going to jump out of the boat as well because she liked the bobbers and when we were casting. Overall, the fishing trip was a success.
And now - pictures:
The race last weekend:
Here is Evan getting antsy before the start:
And - Emma with her friends:
And - the whole group of kids.
Finally, at home: resting.
And - Tim on his birthday.
And one more quote from Emma:
I was getting ready for school the other day, packing up my books/laptop/etc. Emma asked me why I was getting ready for school:
"Mama - why do Mama's need to go to school? Mama's know everything all ready!"
1 comment:
You will need to remind Emma of the "Mama's know everything all ready" quote when she is a teenager...good thing you "wrote it down". Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment