Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The concert

Emma had her Sunday School concert this past weekend and it was very nice. She was all excited and wore her little pink Christmas dress. She combed her hair very methodically and slowly, put a ponytail in her hair (which yes, I did take out) and put on her special golden shoes. I put a pink/flowered/jeweled clip in her hair and she immediately had to find one for me, so we could match! Very Cute. Her little class marched up to the front of the church and got themselves situated. She saw me peering through my video camera and flashed me a big smile with a little wave. Then, they sang. The classes sang 4 songs (Jesus Loves the Little Children, Praise Him All You Little Children, and Kum By Yah, are 3 of the songs) and did sign language to the songs. Yes, I videotaped the 15 minute concert and thought Emma did great. She occasionally waved at me, smiled a lot and didn't appear nervous at all. Very nice. It was followed up with cookies and lemonade in the church hall.

I have been lucky as of late to do some more "adult" things with Emma, just one-on-one. We went to a wedding shower, which was a lot of fun, and will be attending Princesses on Ice early in March. At times, she seems so grown up and ready to take on the world, which is so sweet. She has taken her Baby Alive doll in as her own and many times can be seen mothering her. Emma went on a sleepover this past weekend and had to pack Baby Alive along. Interesting along with Baby Alive, Emma packed a pair of glasses she sometimes wears because in her words, "I am a Mommy now. I need to have glasses." Unfortunately, Baby Alive fell ill last weekend. I noticed that Emma kept feeding her a bottle and instead of Baby Alive messing her diaper (which she is supposed to) the water kept coming out of her mouth. Emma and I both diagnosed Baby Alive with a tummy bug (which had her drooling up as Emma says) and needed to get better. Baby Alive's medicine? Paper towels, squirted water in places, and lemon juice. Paper towels to clean out all the gunk in her, water to push it out, and lemon juice as I thought the acidity may help dissolve the gunk. Luckily, after some mothering from Emma, required naptimes and blankets, Baby Alive did get better and worked up a bunch of green stuff. My thoughts? Emma kept feeding Baby Alive the "pea" baby food and it either wasn't the right consistency or a bottle wasn't give soon enough after as the "pea" baby food didn't come out as it was supposed to. Luckly, Baby Alive is now better and full functioning.

Emma and Tim are also attending a Daddy Daugher Dance in a week or so and Emma is beyond excited as her friend Breezy and Breezy's father are attending as well. It is the Cinderella Ball, so they will have Princesses there and of course, pictures to take and buy. It will be a fun time for both. Evan and I will have a Mommy/Son evening. Events yet to be determined.

Both kids are getting over colds at the moment, so of course, now I am getting one. We have been outside enjoying the nice weather lately as well and have had the kids sledding, snowboarding (of sorts) and out walking Sage. It has been a nice reprieve from the frigid weather we had not so long ago and we are enjoying it to the full extent!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds to me like Baby Alive could be a great breeding ground for germs. I would disinfect her regularily!! Ha!

Sounds like things are going well for you all. Get well with your colds. They can be really hard to get over this time of year.

Sarah said...

Dearest Kelly,

Your post made me come to the conclusion that although I most definitely hope and pray to someday be a wife, and a mother to children, I do also hope and pray that Baby Alive is NOT a toy that my future children would EVER want.

With Love,
Sarah ;)