Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The male dominated world

So I met a man yesterday, whom I have been on conference calls with, am running a project he is involved with, but never directly met. Let's call him Fred.

So, I meet Fred, shake hands, offer the "So nice to meet you, to have you up in our office..." blah blah blah.. then: " I look forward to working on this project with you."

He enthusiastically shakes my hands, looks at my boss (let's call him Dan) and back at me. "Yes, Great to meet you too! Will I be speaking with you more - Do you answer Dan's phone's periodically for him?"

And then... shocked silence for what felt like 5 minutes, but was only 3 seconds I am sure, as what he said really sunk in....

Then my answer.. being as political as I can be: "No. I do not answer Dan's phones for him."

Dan profusely waves his arms around and says over and over "No, No, No, Kelly does not answer my phones. Nope, not at all."

Seriously - are we back there again?

Then, I see Fred at my three day training I am and he doesn't remember me.

Shocking.....

1 comment:

Molly said...

Wow. seriously...wow. I know you'll prove him wrong though and he'll be eating his words by the end of the project!