Signs that I am getting old:
1) I want to buy window treatments for my house. Like I REALLY want window treatments for some windows.
2) I am working on a boring list of improvements for my house.
a. new showerhead
b. possible window seat in the front
c. new mirror for the front
d. ORGANIZATION!
e. decluttering
f. fresh coats of paint
g. new carpet and wood floors
3) I am seriously considering "asking" for a Roomba (automatic vaccum thing) for Mother's Day
4) My hip hurts and I am pretty sure my knee aches when it is going to storm
5) I get emotional about the good ole' days with my kids. I took like 10 pictures of Evan tonight in his crib because tomorrow, he gets a big boy bed at home
6) I tend to want to wear sweatpants and comfy clothes when not at work. (could be considered a "What Not To Wear" faux pas)
I guess that is it. Do you ever have those moments when you realize you are not a partying-going out all the time - staying up late - drinking too much - not remembering the previous night - wearing short skirts & tiny tank tops and hailing cabs while going out to clubs in the winter - kind of gal anymore? My girlfriends and I have been discussing having a wild night out on the town again and I think it is needed. Although, chances are we will be looked at and thought of as the "old-crazy-Mom's-trying-to-act-young-out-on-the-dance-floor."
Sigh.... sometimes it is a bitch getting old.
Damn... my knee hurts. I hope we don't get more snow.
1 comment:
Going out for a night on the town sounds like fun- until you realize the next day how old you really are when you are so hung-over and have to manage your small children all day.
Post a Comment