Tonight was Evan's first night of swimming lessons and he was so incredibly excited. I made the mistake of telling him a few weeks ago that he was going to be attending swiming lessons and he jumped up and down, assumed he was going to swimming lessons at that time, and got a towel and was all ready to go. Everytime we took Emma to swimming lessons, he thought he was going and then was very disappointed when he couldn't go into the water
So.. tonight came and swimming lessons was all he could talk about. He came home from daycare and immediately put on his swimming trunks and was ready to go. Tim was the lucky parent that took him there as I was teaching church to a bunch of kindergartners.
The report I received (other than Evan jumping up and down when I got home and rambling some three year old nonsense about swimming lessons) was. . .
He was all smiles the entire time and went to the teachers right away. The set up there is two teachers per class and Evan only had two other boys in his class; so, really good teacher time. He listened well and kicked, flapped arms when asked and was very attentive. Unfortunately, he was a bit too anxious and excited as he decided to take some measures in his own hands. When the teachers were out in the water teaching the other two boys, Evan decided that he could swim on his own and jumped off the ledge and into the water. Luckily, there is a lifeguard right there; however, the lifeguard had to jump in twice and pull Evan out of the water because, of course, Evan doesn't know how to swim yet . Tim just laughed and shook his head and I had a serious conversation with Evan about waiting for his turn and being patient.
1 comment:
This was hilarious! I suppose he thought he could swim like he does at the cabin with his life jacket on! And to think he jumped in twice!
Post a Comment