Evan, not to be outdone by his big kindergarten sister, has had a few fun things just for himself lately as well. He started Sunday School this past Sunday and I was told, as I was unable to be there for it, that he did well. Tim said he sat down right away and started coloring his picture and the report back from the teachers after the class was that he listened well and had a good time. When I got home that morning, he told me a little bit about it, told me he heard stories and did crafts, but that was all I got out of him. We will see next weekend what he does and what he brings home. He does feel like a big kid that he gets to go to his own school now.
He is doing well at daycare without Emma and has fun playing with his little friend Will. He and Will, however, have a bit of a tumultuous relationship as they both really enjoying playing together, but unfortunately fight quite a bit too. In the evening when Evan asks me what his day tomorrow is, if I say it is a Theresa day, he get’s excited and says “Yea! I get to play with Will!” So that is good. However, when I pick him up from daycare, it is usually “Will hit me!” or “Will bit me!” or sometimes “Will wouldn’t share with me, so he got a timeout.” Now, I do not think that my kid is a little innocent victim here at all, but unfortunately even though Evan is the older one, he can be the more passive one.
So, lately, Tim and I have been talking to Evan about being friends and how to be a nice friend and basically now to deal with Will. Now, we get reports from Theresa with a laugh of, “I was in the other room dealing with another kid and I hear loudly, “NO WILL - I SAID NO!” With Evan pushing his arms straight out in an attempt to stop Will. Thankfully – it has worked! Apparently, Evan did poke him in the eye one day, but that was after Will was not being nice too. It is a relationship with give-n-takes.
Evan is looking forward to a small vacation of sorts he will be taking in a few weeks. Daycare is closed a few days the end of October, so Evan will be heading to the farm to stay with Nana & Papa. He was excitedly talking about this the other day and telling me how he will ride a tractor with Papa, go to the barn, see the cows, kitties, and calves and ride the four-wheeler. He was also talking about his gator and Papa’s gator and comparing the two. (Unfortunately Papa does not have his gator anymore (just for the dairy breakfast) but maybe he could be talked into buying one by a small little three-year-old blond boy.) Anyway, He was comparing the gators and telling me how big Papa’s gator is. “Papa has a big gator because he has a farm. I have a small gator. I am a small little guy. I have a little butt and I have a little peepee.” By this time, yes, I am cracking up with laughter.
Evan has also turned into my little helper lately. He likes helping me vacuum, dust, and clean. He enjoys helping me cook and tries to help with whatever I am doing. I am surprised at times because sometimes Emma and the neighbor girls will be outside playing and Evan will choose to stay inside with me and help. I was making Tim’s birthday cake last weekend and I got the “Mama. I help you. I can make a cake. I make good cakes.” Yes, he gets in the way many times and spills the ingredients or stirs crazy. But, he has fun and we get to spend some nice time together. I bought a mini baking set the other day from Ikea, so Emma and Evan have their own little rolling pin, pie tin, cake pan, and stuff. We haven’t used much of it yet, but we will soon as I have a LOT of apples to use up.
No comments:
Post a Comment