Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today marks the 9th year of wedded bliss.  (most of the time :-) )  haha!

I love thinking back to that day, nine years ago, when we were getting our hair done. Then, I think, at this time nine years ago, I was at The Water Street Inn getting dressed and having some light snacks before we headed to Albertson's Farm.  Then - the pictures, hearing the string quartet, being so nervous walking down the aisle that my cheeks were quivering.  I remember giving my parents a hug after Tim and I said our vows and lit the unity candle.  Dad hugged me tight and said "Ah... my baby." and it made me tear up.  Then, my proud brother-in-law Dave giving us a ride back to the Water Street Inn for the party.  It was such a wonderful, wonderful day.  I will need to find a few pics and post them.

Tim and I are great - really great- nine years after we said "I do".  Of course there are times where we are both annoyed with each other and times when I realize that  marriage and family are hard.  But - it is the best at the same time.  The comfort in knowing that I get to come home to Tim is great.  The decisions that we make together and the respect that we have for each other is wonderful and our friendship is constantly growing.  I couldn't love more the family we have made together and I am thankful everyday that we have each other.

There have been many reminders around me lately that life is short and that you never know what a day will bring (good or bad).  So, for however long my journey is, I am glad that I choose Tim.

Happy Anniversary! And Many, Many More.

No comments: