Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy Father's Day to Tim

Happy Fathers Day (belated) to all the great Fathers out there!  We had a great Fathers Day (and weekend really) up at the cabin with my parents.

The kids get so excited for any of this stuff, especially when they have gifts and crafts to hand out.  So - Saturday morning, yes a day early, the kids got out their presents and cards:

Emma's present to Tim: a golf creation

Evan giving Tim a big hug.


Tim and his little kiddo's

One of Evan's presents: a madlib about how great a Dad Tim is.  (not sure why it is upside down)

Evan's second present- a nice poem with Evan's footprint
Sunday, for the actual day, the kids wanted to take Tim and Papa golfing.  So, off to a small par 3 course at Fox Run.  The kids brought along their own little sets of clubs (thank-you garage sales!)  and were looking forward to hitting some balls and riding in the cart!

Happy and smiley in the cart!

Happy to be on the course!


Stubborn little Evan


He refused help.  "No, I can do it" Even after he whiffed 5 or 6 times.


Emma trying to learn a few things

Tim, Dad, and Em

Probably trying to find his ball

Enjoying the Day
We all had a nice time!  Surprisingly the kids do great for the whole 9 holes.  They will take a break for maybe one or two holes, but then jump right out of the cart to start the next hole.  Not once did I hear "I am done!" or "I am bored" or anything like that.  They are troopers.  They both hit some good ones, just enough to keep them coming back.  Emma seems as though she truly wants to learn and do better.  Evan yet, is just so damn stubborn and refuses help. We finally had to tell him after 5 or 6 hockey like hits "Evan, if you don't let us help you, you will need to pick up your ball and sit this one out."

Overall, a great Fathers Day for Tim - and hopefully my Dad!  Anytime out on the golf course is good, but out with the family is only better.  I went golfing with my Dad many times when I was a kid in similar fashion to my kids and I am hoping they grow with the opportunity to learn the sport as I did.

No comments: