Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blah's through the house

That's right - Blah's all around. It turned out that Emma has an ear infection. It is so nice that she is able to communicate with me now, as I thought she just had a cold. However, I stayed home with her on Tuesday as she (and Tim and I) did not get much sleep. That morning, she was holding her ears and saying "Owie, Owie Mama" and crying. So - that was a pretty good hint that it was an ear infection - Thanks Em! I was able to get her into the doctor that morning and she was starting medication by noon. It was a pretty low-key day with another round of Cinderella, some Dora, and a 3.5 hour nap for Emma! (and an hour nap for me :-) By that night with the help of some Tylenol, she was up to some of her old antics.... following me around with that yellow chair of hers and dancing around the house. It was so good to see. It is very hard to see your little ones sick. Luckily, this is her first bout with an ear infection and with medication of any sort.

However, her recent cold has led her to some bad habits - i.e. picking her nose - GROSS! I understand she has some crusty stuff in there now and she HATES to have her nose wiped, but gross. So, now Tim and I are constantly saying "Emma - finger OUT OF YOUR NOSE!" When she is lucky enough to do it without us watching, she will bring the dried crusty nose stuff to us and say "Here Go" and place it on our hands. Nice, just what we want. Tuesday morning she was in bed with me and at around 5:00 am, she kept saying "Here Go" and trying to hand me dried crusty nose stuff. Which, it was dark and I could not see - until the next morning. Right where she was laying was a bunch of dried crusty nose stuff. Yuck. No wonder Tim and I got the cold, right?

She went to daycare yesterday and had a pretty good day AND another 3.5 hour nap. Her eating isn't back to normal yet and she is still a little down, but for the most part, she is doing okay.

HOWEVER, now Tim and I have colds - which leads to the Blah's through the house. Not bad colds yet and I am really hoping it does not evolve into more. We have plans to go out on Saturday with friends to our favorite restaurant Phils, so hopefully we are back to normal.

Also on Saturday - we are test driving cars - YEAH! It was decided with gas prices constantly getting higher and the possibility of $4/gallon gas this summer, that I needed a better car to drive to work in. So, we are looking at either a Toyota Yaris or a Corolla. They both get about 35 -40 mpg highway, which is double what I get now in the Envoy. However, I cannot get the fun of looking for a new car cloud my judgement. It needs to be big enough for 2 carseats and either groceries or a double stroller! I love looking for new cars. The Yaris has a fun interior I think and is a new Toyota car, but the Corolla is nice too. If anyone has any opinions, please let me know.

On that note - I am off to clean. More Blah's through the house.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

As you may know, I have a Corolla... 2005... I bought it brand new in August 2004... and I love it and plan to drive it for another 150,000 miles. Here's hoping!!

Feel better by next week...

Al said...

If it's not a Saturn, I do not realize it exists.