We arrived Thursday night (yes, in time for me to watch Swingtown there) and did some fishing, playing, and just relaxing. Friday my parents, and Kristen with family came up. Emma was so excited to see Kyra and Kaylee and have little ones to play with. it was also nice for her to have someone other than me to play with. Sometimes, I need a break from playing Little People, Pinrella (Cinderella), and building Pinrella's castle. We celebrated the 4th with yummy barbecue ribs, sweetcorn, and smores! The little girls had fun with sparklers and watching Uncle Craig's fire work show. Emma took a late nap - which was also about 3 hours- so we decided she could stay up and watch the firework show from the resort across the lake. She was getting pretty squirmy by 9:30, but did hold out for the show, which was very nice.
Here is a somewhat fuzzy picture of the sparklers. Plus, you can kind of see her new haircut.Saturday was more of the same. It was a beautiful weekend up there, so we were outside as much as we could be. Emma enjoyed the jetski, as did her cousins, and splashing with her friends. Eric & Gaeb also were up for part of the weekend and showed Emma what waterskiing was all about. I bet in the next few years, Emma will be up water skiing. It was fun to watch her progress from needing to be in her whale floaty (which she sat in and kicked) to her wanting a ring floaty and then on Sunday her playing with her knee board. She would lay on the knee board and kick between people and even ventured out to where she was chest deep in the water. She isn't afraid of water, which is great. I really want to get her in swimming lessons this next year to get her more comfortable.

Overall, everyone had fun. This weekend we are up again with more family, more food, and hopefully great weather!
now on to stubborn Emma.... sigh...
On a previous post, I had pictures of Emma's new room and her big girl bed, etc. Well, for that first week, she was so excited about her room and loved sleeping in her bed. That lasted for a short while, now she doesn't want anything to do with her new bed. She still likes her room, but refuses to sleep in her bed! We are needing the crib in about 8.5 weeks for baby and wanted to get her out of it so she had time to adjust. I don't know what to do and why she is all of a sudden scared. I feel bad for the little monkey, but don't know what to do. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Theresa (our day care provider) thought maybe we could buy Emma a special toy for her big girl bed to sleep with and "protect" her. I don't know.
Emma has also been refusing diaper changes. I get them done, but with a big struggle with the little one. So, one day she has a messy diaper and refuses to let me change her. So, I figure, fine - sit there with a messy diaper and see how uncomfortable it is. I kept asking about every 5 minutes, Emma - we have to change you. You will get a rash and itch, etc. Still nothing. Finally after this goes on for a half an hour with no change, I go over to her, pick her up and tell her we are going to change her diaper so she doesn't want a rash. She looks at me, kicks and struggles and says "No Mama! I want rash!"
The terrible two's for sure.
Everyone have a great rest of the week!
2 comments:
I just made a guess! And will make another one after I "assess you" at book club... hee haa haa!
Emma's new hair cut is ADORABLE! She looks like such a big girl now!
Post a Comment