For the most part, other than the mornings, Emma has been great. She keeps asking where Tim is and when he is coming home and get's really excited when my cell phone rings now or I get the buzz meaning a text message came in, just in case it is Tim. She told Kristen the whole way to the store tonight that Daddy is "Para Para away" and "At school in CHINA." Big emphasis on the CHINA! The next days should be pretty busy, so before you know it, we will be at the airport bringing him home.
We have been emailing and texting briefly and he has called twice. It sounds as though things are good. The encouraging thing is that he has mentioned a few times that he has been shopping! Yeah me! I think he repeats in every message that it is hot and humid there. Yeah buddy - here too and try being pregnant besides!! :-)
Emma accomplished something new yesterday - pedaling her bike! I was so excited! She wanted her Big Bike as she calls it and starting pedaling! What a big girl!
I honestly couldn't believe it. Normally in the past, I always had to push her or she would push it herself, but never pedal. So, that is our big news this week. 
She also discovered a comfortable new chair for reading. Although, I was not all that convinced it would work.
She kept pushing those paper towels and readjusting until they were just perfect. Finally, she settled in to read. Which, she has been reading so many books lately. She almost prefers that to playing sometimes. I think it is great - except when she wants to read the same book 4 times in a row. That, I cannot take. I buy her books all the time... garage sales, book sales, ebay sometimes, and why she wants to read a science book (which is way above her head at the moment) I have no idea. I have started making up new Dora stories where Emma is in the adventure with Dora and Boots and she really likes that. Those are usually reserved for when she is on the potty. No accidents - 4 days and counting! This weekend will be interesting when we are away from the house. I am a bit nervous about that. Do I put on a pull-up over her undies just in case? Not sure how to tackle that one.Tonight, the little one was NOT wanting to go to bed. I lay her down, she gets back up (so, yes, she is in her big girl bed). I lay her down, she gets back up AND climbs into my bed, find her movie player and is attempting to watch the movie when I bust her. So, I lay her down and tell her the next time she gets out of bed she is going in her crib. Yes, we still have the crib up. It is in her room and Tim thought we should keep it up while he is gone for situations again. I go downstairs to wash dishes and she sneaks up behind me and laughs. So, I put her in her crib. "MAMA! NO MAMA! BIG GIRL BED - NO CRIB!" Over and over for 5 minutes. I go in there and lay her in her bed AGAIN and she rolls over and haven't heard a peep from her since. I know, I probably should have left her in the crib, but it is on the lowest setting and she can almost climb out, so I am a bit nervous about that.
Baby #2 is good - 5.5 weeks to go. He is hiccuping now - AGAIN :-) Fern said that will mean he is a good eater. She said that babies that are hiccuping a lot in utero are either sucking on their thumb or on their lower lip and that is a good sign for nursing. I have never heard that one before, but we will see if it is true. I kind of wish I had an appointment this week. It really doesn't matter, but I wish I would see if my body has started getting ready for the baby at all.
Well, I should probably get to bed. Who knows how early the little one will be up. She was up and in my bed around 2am and slept until 6am. I woke up to "Mama - Get up! It is daytime!" I am hoping that does not happen tonight.
1 comment:
I LOVE the picture of her on the paper towels - what a sweetheart! Congrats on the potty training and big girl bed progress! Sounds like we're on just about the same schedule - good times! Hope the time passes by quickly & Tim is home soon.
Post a Comment