Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Party in Emma's room

Yesterday evening I was in Evan's room changing a diaper or something like that when all of a sudden Emma rushes in and with her excited voice says, "Mama - you coming to my party?" My reply: "Well, Emma - where is the party?" "It's in my room- you comin'?" Me: "What are we going to do?" Emma: "Well, just sit and relax." I am thinking that this sounds exactly like the party I am in the mood for at the moment, so of course, I reply "Sure Emma - be right over!" Her face lights up and she says, "okay Mama, see you later!" She slams the door and is out.

I go downstairs to see if Tim is also attending, which he is, so we come up with Evan and knock on her door. She proudly opens the door and then sits down in her princess chair. "So, Emma, what should we do?" Emma: "Ummm - dance?!" So Tim, Evan, and I start dancing. She tells us that she cannot dance because it is her party, but laughs when we dance. And, that was pretty much the extent of her party, but I thought it was pretty cute. All in all - it lasted about 5 minutes, but it was a pretty fun party.

Everything is going okay here. Evan seems to be sleeping a little better at night now and I don't feel as tired during the day. He is having a hard day today, but is now asleep and has been for about an hour, so I am pretty happy! I put some clothes away and am about to vacuum before he wakes up. Emma is good - her normal crazy self. She was very happy the other day at Target as we bought her "ballet slippers." She got 10 stickers for going potty, so she got to pick out a little treat. She has been talking about dance class and getting ballet slippers for a long time now, so we decided to treat her to ballet slippers. They are shiny red and look like Dorothy's ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz. That kid refuses to take them off and is constantly dancing and jumping, and spinning so her pretty dresses spin. She would love to be enrolled in dance class, but both Tim and I agree not yet. Her dancing at home is enough for now.

That's all for now. I hope to get a good picture of Emma and her ballet slippers soon.

No comments: