Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Tim!

Happy Birthday Tim! I just got done making a cake for him. A pretty hands on cake if I do say so myself. Now, maybe I was just hoping that when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, he would say something simple like white with chocolate frosting. Or, even better than that - a cake from Cub. No such luck. He wanted a Pecan Praline cake- which involved making a carmel pecan sauce, a Devils Food cake and homemade whip cream. Yummy?? Definitely! Time consuming - you betcha! So, I got up while Evan was still asleep this morning (which I wished I would be also :-) to start the process. He was pretty good while I made the main part, only fussed for a little while. I was hoping I could find my sling so he could hang out while I made it, but I am not sure where that went too. Now, just the frosting has to be made and I will wait for Emma to come home from daycare to decorate it.

No big plans for the big day. Presents and cake - plus a nice steak dinner tonight after work. I am thinking Emma, Evan, and I will stop on the way home from daycare to pick up some decorations. Emma will love that!

Evan is currently sleeping in his crib - and has been for about 15 minutes. That means he should be waking up anytime now - ha! Emma is starting to get a cold- hopefully it will not be a bad one AND I or Evan will not get it.

After that, not much is new. I just wanted to send a shout out to my husband on his b-day!

No comments: