Friday, April 10, 2009

2 things I am very happy to post...

1) We got Emma's Pink Winter Coat Back
2) EVAN'S SLEEPING!!!!!! (and it has been about a week straight, so I don't think it is a fluke.)


I asked Tim the other day to stop at the dance studio on his way home to check the lost and found box. "Why" he grumpily said, "I seriously doubt it is there." But, to keep me happy (he is finally understanding that it is good to do that - haha) he stopped. Lo and Behold it was there! Emma was ecstatic and wore it the rest of the week. Tim couldn't believe it as he thought someone had stole it. I was just happy it was there. Although, the words out of my mouth: "YEAH! The coat is back, now I can sell it at the garage sale!" Yup - about 3 weeks from now, I am having a garage sale. More on that later. BUT, it will be much easier to sell the pink snowpants with the matching coat that goes with it.

And - Evan sleeping! He has discovered he can sleep on his side and his tummy and he likes that much better. Some nights, he even sleeps from 8pm to 4am - straight through. It is amazing - truly amazing! I know, I probably sound crazy, but it has been a LLLOOONNNGGG seven months getting up 3 or 4 times a night (if not more some nights). I feel alive again - I am invigorated - But now, what do I plan on doing? Getting up early the days I don't work to exercise.

Crazy... but the triathlon is about 12 weeks away. Still planning on doing it, but haven't signed up yet. I had a bit of a panic attack in the pool the other day. I konw, it was a freakin pool, but the swim lanes were busy, so someone else was swimming with me in my lane. We swam by each other, I got the rough water in my face, I couldn't breathe right and I panicked. I know, I don't get it either, but I stood up in the lane and had a hard time catching my breath. I wish I knew where this weird phobia came from so I could be cured of it. Maybe instead of being a witness to the JFK assassination in my past life like I had always thought, I was a drowning victim or something. OR -maybe I was witness to the JFK assassination and the mafia threw me in the water because I saw something I wasn't supposed too.... Hmmm.. the plot thickens.

It has been a good past few days, especially with the sleep I am now getting. The kids have been good - Evan turned 7 months old.





Here are some pictures I took today with his favorite toy - a plastic yellow bat. Some things about Evan at 7 months:
1) HE IS SLEEPING! ( I can't help it, I am so happy!) Although, still only does a half an hour nap every 2 hours or so.
2) He will roll from one side of the room to the other
3) Everything goes in his mouth - so Emma is constantly on "potential toys that could choke Evan" watch. And (shocking I am sure) she is not too shy to verbalize to her cousins things that will choke Evan so they can't play with them.
4) Is a good eater and really prefers real food to baby food. His meals today: A sesame bagel with butter and cinnamon and sugar, pureed buffalo chicken lasagna, and pureed chicken enchilada's (thanks to Amber for her family's cookbook - we all LOVE that recipe!)
5) Still enjoys his Johnny Jump-Up and exersaucer (although Tim thought it would be okay to sell them in the garage sale. Yeah - 'fraid not."
6) Really likes his Mommy - his eyes always seem to follow me and he cries when I leave the room. Sometimes it is annoying, but mostly, I love it. He also says Mama.
7) Happy go lucky kid in general.

Last week we planted flowers in my little greenhouse domes I bought from Menards. Kind of weird that last Sunday Emma went sledding and made a snowman in the morning- Then, in the afternoon, she planted flowers and vegetables in the domes.




And - happy to say less than a week later- we have plants growing! Our Marigolds, Cosmo's, Sunflowers, Sweet Peas, and one pepper are up! She was so excited when she saw that today. We will see how it goes the next few weeks before we can plant them in the pots, but for now they are doing good.

Tonight we dyed Easter eggs. Emma had a great time - we only did 18 eggs, so it really didn't take long, but it was fun. Our pack of Paas actually had double the stuff in it, so we would have had some awesome color eggs if she would have let them sit in the dye that long. Evan enjoyed watching and chewing on the cardboard bingo game or whatever came with the dye. Emma did a good job trying to be gentle with the eggs, but cracked 4 when we putting them in the water to hard boil them AND spilled a lot of the dye on the table. She had a great time watching them and putting her own personal touches on the eggs.




(note how many of the eggs have an "E" on them. Emma now knows how to spell her name and enjoyed spelling her name or part of her name on the eggs.)



This weekend we are heading home for Easter after a Sunday breakfast with Eric and Gaeb. Monkey bread probably, Eggs benedict most likely, and I am sure Emma will feast on candy that the Easter Bunny will bring her. She is very excited to see the Easter Bunny - hopefully he stops by.

Tim and I are good also. Work has been busy and like I mentioned before, I am having a garage sale the beginning of May. Should be fun and we need room in our basement, so good-bye to all of Emma's old clothes. I know I will leave out a few things that are cute or hold sentimental value. Tim says he has some household or garage stuff to sell - that should be interesting :-)

Anyway - have a very happy Easter!

No comments: