Finally -both kiddos - sleeping! Sometimes I am so happy for this time of night :-) Let's see, where to start? Easter was a lot of fun. I can't find the pictures right now of Emma getting up and finding her basket -but once I find those, they will be posted. She had a great morning. It took her about a half an hour or so to remember that it was Easter. She was watching cartoons or snuggling with me or something that morning when she pops up and says, "Hey - do you think the Easter bunny came last night?" To which I replied, "Hmm. not sure - we better go and check!" That was the end of it. She found a few of the eggs first, which were promptly opened and candy eaten. With each egg was a great exclamation, "MAMA! DADDY! He left another egg!" Then, egg opened, oohing and aahing over the insides and off to find the next. It was so fun - it is amazing how excited a little one can be over something like that. She found her basket under a paper grocery bag (that tricky bunny) and she immediately dumped everything out to examine it. A lovely Barbie doll, that I think the bunny found on clearance at Walmart, a cute pair of shoes, and candy. Not too much, but definitely enough! And what, you may ask, was Evan doing while Emma was destroying my house? Walking around with Daddy, watching the excitement. Once all the eggs and baskets were found (Evan's basket had a little glowing/seahorse/music/lullabye thing and a pair of shoes) it was breakfast time. We enjoyed monkey bread and eggs. The - off to Nana & Papa's.
Mom & Dad had an Easter Egg hunt for the kids there after their rest time. They were running around, laughing, etc - it was fun to watch.
Emma - getting ready to go and search for eggs.

Found one!

Emma! No more candy. (hmm. big surprise, she is not listening to me :-)

Yup, Evan was there too...

That's it from Easter (until I can find the other pictures!) Everyone had a great time - yummy food - yummy candy - and fun toys. What else does one need?
This week has been crazy - work has been super busy, which yes, is great as the time flies by. But yucky because I brought work home with me. BUT - we will see if I actually get to it.
The weather has been wonderful so we have been outside as much as we can. Today we went for a walk, blew some bubbles, and just played.

Here is "cool" Evan in his new shades. He actually really liked the sunglasses. He never once tried to take them off - which amazed me. He just sat there, for about an hour, sucking on his Nuk and laughing at Emma.
Well, I best go fold my laundry. Fun and exciting it is to be me, I know. At least last night I had some good girl time and went to Dixie's with my book club friends. Yummy food (good beer) and good conversation. No real plans this weekend. I am hoping to go shopping a bit and get some new running shoes, maybe some work clothes. I gotta go - almost out of battery - no spell check this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment