I think I took some good ones this past weekend. We were at the cabin - waiting for spring!- and Emma just had to get outside. So, we got everyone bundled up (one of the harder things with having 2 children I think - getting them ready to go outside. One would think Emma would be good-to-go on her own and sometimes she is. Most of the time she is talking in my ear, playing with Evan, etc and is the last to get ready.) Anyway - here we are playing in the lake and looking for trolls.



Nothing too exciting was going on at the cabin the past weekend, we just wanted to go there and get away for a bit. Emma is just itching for summer so she can wear her bathing suit and play in the lake. She wears her bathing suit every day as it is, just not outside.
Here are two of my favorite pics of my two favorite guys.


Then some family pictures. We haven't had any updated pics since Christmas and don't have a family picture at the cabin. Plus, we were all wearing vests. Unfortunately it is hard to tell in the picture. I thought this could be a future Christmas card picture "Have a very "Vest"ive Christmas" - Get it?? I know, I am a dork. However, I figured Evan will be changing a lot this year and we should probably wait for the '09 Christmas pic!


Sunday night we headed over to the neighbor's house to deliver a birthday card and decided we would try to wagon with both kids. What an adventure for both of them. Evan was smiling and laughing the whole time as was Emma. Emma thought it was the greatest thing since her thumb:-) I really think she is enjoying the fact that Evan is getting older and is playing. He is still not playing the way she wants him too, but he is trying. He LOVES Emma and laughs/smiles whenever she comes around and Emma eats that right up. She is always in his face going "GaGa-GooGoo" or something. As Tim says, "Emma's two favorite people are Evan and whoever is with Evan." Meaning... she is still jealous when Evan is getting attention :-)

And Finally - we got out Emma's train the other day. It is an old Sesame Street Train Set that I bought at a garage sale a long time ago. Anyway, she loves it. Evan does too - we put him in his bumbo or just let him sit up by it and he watches it go round and round and round. Emma was playing with her handkerchief and the train the other day, so I tied it around her head and said that all train conductors wear a conductor hat. She thought that was pretty cool and was a very proud conductor! I left to go do something and when I look in on her and Evan, I see this:

Emma put the hanky on Evan's head so he could be the conductor. I know this sounds silly, but I got tears in my eyes. It was so sweet!
Other than that, not too much is going on. We will be around this weekend so I can get to our taxes -blah- and hang out. Work is going well, I am getting frustrated there, but I am attributing that to the winter blahs. I am picking up some more purchasing responsibilities, so that is cool. I will be negotiating prices, pulling usage data, and working with suppliers for some of our trace minerals. I am excited about it. That could be a good next step for me career-wise when the kiddo's are in school :-)
I guess I should mention that I think the medicine is helping Evan out for his acid reflux. He is not uncomfortable now when eating - so that is a huge relief. Now, we just need to figure out the sleeping thing. Unfortunately the medicine did not help that. The doctor thought it might, but no go. I tried the "cry-it-out" method last night. That lasted for an hour of him screaming and I gave up.
Emma is good and has been invited to her first sleep-over. Her friend Breezy (our daycare provider's daughter) and Emma have been talking about doing a sleep-over for a long time. I don't think Emma really knows what it is, but we may try it. It would consist of lunch at McDonald's playland (which I may attend also to keep Theresa company), playing, sleepover, and then back at our house. I am not quite sure how Emma would do for a sleep-over. She is obviously very comfortable over there, but still, sometime at night, she still wants us. When I picked her up from daycare the other day, Theresa made the mention that Emma told her "you drive me crazy!". Great - unfortunately that is Tim's influence!
Well, I must get back to ER. I haven't watched it for about 6 years, but I had to watch the last episode! I used to love that show. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Let's hope we don't get too much snow.
1 comment:
I love your updates! Adorable pictures! Love how Evan grabs the sides of the wagon with his little hands. Too cute.
Sounds like your job is going really well too. That is awesome!
Since you mentioned photography, I also wanted to recommend to you the online class that I'm taking. It's taught by Karen Russell...who was a big famous scrapbooker turned photographer. Her class is all about capturing pictures that tell a story....emotionally perfect pictures vs. technically perfect. So basically all candid shots. I'm only in week 1 (out of 9) and already she's so inpiring. You can check her out at snapshotsofagoodlife.com she also has a blog that is a good read.
Post a Comment