Thursday, November 3, 2011

A kindergarten crush

"You know what Mom? Charlie said he loved me today."

--sigh-- already?

I thought Emma maybe liked Charlie, a little boy in her class and on her bus. I had the first inclination when she gave him two of her froggie reading buddies she got in school and the froggie reading buddies were a BIG deal in school. (Charlie didn't get one) The first one she was sad she gave away. But then the next day, she gave him another one and it wasn't an issue. Then tonight, when she told me something about Charlie saying he loved her, my head shot up and I did the "What?"

"Yeah" she said with a nonchalant tone but a smiley face.

Me: "What did he say?"

Emma: "Well, he told me he had a crush on me in class today."

Me: "Oh really? What did you say to him?"

Emma: "I just said okay."

And that was it. We will see if this little kindergarten romance continues.

No comments: