We have been battling with Emma's "fear of the dark" for awhile now. I wish I could teach her that there is nothing to be afraid of and have tried many things, but nothing seems to work. Now, unfortunately, her unease of the dark is rubbing off on Evan.
We were at the farm this past weekend and the fears bubbled up to the surface. Maybe it was because of the Winnie the Pooh movie they watched or the Berenstein Bears book we were reading. I am not sure what triggered it, but every few minutes a little one would come out of their shared bedroom there and say they were scared. Or "scarwed" in Evan speak.
Well, apparently Evan had a bad dream (in the 5 minutes after we had put him to bed) and apparently woke up. Tim went into their room to see what was going on and Evan told him that something was trying to get him. Then, Emma, the big sister, decides to try and make Evan feel better. (in her very matter-of-fact, I know what I am talking about so you best listen to me voice)
"It's okay Evan. The doors are locked. And anybody would have to get passed Mommy and Daddy to come in. And, if they made it into our room, I know karate. I will use my karate moves on them. But, Mommy and Daddy know karate better than me, so they will probably not make it into our room."
There it is, the voice of reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment