Roughly one week ago the Heuer household made our way up to the cabin. I was done with my j-term and was ready to relax with the family and, well, do nothing. Our plans were sidetracked a bit when Emma innocently said "Mama, my head itches." I knew that head lice was going around and when I looked at her head, I confirmed what I was thinking. Ugh.
So after a few calls to a clinic and my insurance's nurse line, we had our game plan.
The whole family doused their heads with insecticide shampoo (just in case), we did TONS of laundry, and a lot of combing was done to our little ones heads. (Evan too... just to be safe.)
The whole day was kind of ruined unfortunately. We wanted to go snowmobiling, but weren't sure if we should put a helmet on our little infected head. Instead we really just had a movie day since we were combing, cleaning, and laundering. Emma and Evan still had a great time. I had the heebee jeebees the whole day.
Now, over a week later, we are lice free and I hope to keep it that way.
Ugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment