Tim: "Em - are you excited to go to Theresa's today?"
Emma: "Yup - one more Tesa Day. Then, Nana & Papa Day. Know what? Nana and Papa have Click Clack Moo. Click Clack Moo. Clickety Clack Moo. I had that book, but now it at the library. Next time I at the library, I get it back. I like Click Clack Moo."
I thought that was so cute! She LOVES the book. She loves the library too. The Woodbury and Lake Elmo libraries have story time on Thursdays and Fridays so I am going to start bringing her to that. She seems very excited about that too. The first one is this Thursday, but she decided we could go to Nana & Papa's that day instead of Story Time. But, she did have to think about it first. So - for the family back home - we will be in Durand this Thursday. Hopefully we can see everyone so Evan can meet the family down there!
We had Evan's hearing test yesterday and it went just fine and he passed with flying colors - Whew! He is doing great. Getting slightly crabbier in the evening and is having some difficulty sleeping in his crib. Not at night as much, but during the day. I lay him down and then 10 minutes later he is up again - sooner if he loses his NUK. Yup he loves the Nuk still. So, I have been working with him during the day to fall asleep in his crib. So far, not working. He had his first bottle tonight and took it without even flinching. Tim said he didn't even hesitate, just starting drinking. Yup, that's my big boy for you! We wanted to start him early with the bottle so we wouldn't have a situation like we had with Emma when she was starting daycare. She refused the bottle and it really stressed me out. Finally, she did take it, but it took a lot of coaxing on Tim's part. (picture from earlier today)

The weekend was good. We went to the cabin on Friday and Saturday. Saturday night was a girl's night at Axel's and that was fun! I came home to this:
Emma found some tulle from a package we got for Evan and was using it as her veil. She would play Cinderella and would whip that around on her head and dance and dance. Then she kept saying, "When I get older, I get married. I wear pretty shoes and pretty dress and eat Yummy cake! I marry Prince Charming." (yup, you can tell what Mommy thinks are the important parts to the wedding -shoes, dress, and cake!) Then, I ask who her Prince Charming is and she always says with a big smile, "My Daddy!"Here are the two together. I was cooking supper tonight and Emma was playing with her ball. Then I hear her say, "I play hot potato with my baby brother." Which prompts me to leave the kitchen quickly to investigate. She cannot for him to be big enough to play. If her and I are coloring or playing play dough, she will run over to where he is sitting and tell him what we are doing so he is in the loop. She is a very good big sister - well, she has good intentions anyway. It's a good thing I caught her in time before she threw the ball to him tonight though...
2 comments:
What an adorable picture of the 2 of them - WOW! Love the stories, especially that she says Daddy is her prince! I get to play the role of the prince when we are playing Cinderella...
These two are just too adorable!!! LOVE the look on Evan's face!! You have such good stories Kel! It was good seeing Gram and Gramp, hopefully it will be you guy's soon too! Isn't it crazy that we haven't even met the three youngest of your parents grandchildren!!!!! (or Jess' lil' man, or Carrie's lil' lady!)
Post a Comment