Hello everyone - this post is coming to you live at the farm. We just got back from my Uncle Warren's auction and I have two sleeping children, which is very nice. Many will say that I should sleep also, but I actually got sleep last night, so I am not too tired. Evan has his good nights and his bad nights. Fortunately last night was a good one - he only got up twice to eat. He slept with me for most of it and even though he is so tiny, he tends to be a bed hog. He is a cuddle bug, which I like, but when I end up sleeping on the edge of the bed because he keeps inching closer and closer, it makes for some interesting sleep.
Tim is in South Dakota on his yearly pheasant hunting trip, so for my sanity, we came down to my parents so they can help out. Poor little Evan is still a tad on the fussy side, so it is nice to have some help with the older sister while I try to keep the little one happy.
Emma is still adjusting to the whole situation. Hopefully the adjustment period is done soon - some days are very hard. Last Tuesday night she had a TOTAL BREAKDOWN in Borders. Not sure what brought it on as we were there to buy her a book for going potty and when I tried to pick out my next selection for book club, she had the meltdown. Yup, my kid was the one screaming and kicking in the aisles. Lovely. Then I tried to pick her up, which led to more arms and legs flailing about. Needless to say I was totally MORTIFIED. So, I left all the books there (which really pissed her off) and carried her and pushed Evan out to the car. Thankfully the little guy was sleeping for most of it. Once to the car, she absolutely refused to sit in her car seat. After about 5-10 minutes of her screaming and crying, I call my husband as I was unsure of what to do. (with Emma screaming in the background "DON'T CALL MY DADDY!!!) In the end, I had to physically force her down so I could buckle her in. Needless to say while this was going on, I was pretty sure one of the other customers of Borders was going to accuse me of child abuse and call the cops. Seriously - I was worried about that! In this day, you never know. Thankfully child services has not been to our house.
Later that night, Tim got her to apologize to me and when I told her that I loved her, she looked at me with her big blue eyes and said, "you do, Mama?" Which almost made me cry. I hope she never doubted that, but to be honest, I was pretty frustrated with her throughout the whole ordeal. Terrible Two's....
After that, the rest of the week went well. I brought Evan to work on Wednesday to meet my group, which went really well. He cried a bit and I got the news that I have a new boss, new responsibilities, and my best friend at work was let go as she works in Duluth and all responsibilities will be in Minnetonka. What a shock! I told my boss he could have given me some warning first as I thought this was just a feel-good visit and not a "Kelly, sit down, we need to chat" visit.
We got to the farm on Friday after my 6 week post-partum. That went well. I got the okay to start working out... So - Jess, Eric, and John L. - time to start training for that triathlon, because I am ready! Hopefully the 4 of us will be doing the Lifetime Triathlon next year. The 3 people previously mentioned all said they would sign up if I did and I am ready :-) Now, If I can only find the time to work out...
The Farm trip is good. We went for 4 wheeler riders in the forest as Emma called it and visited the neighbor's gold fish. Tomorrow Emma is hoping for a combine ride and I think we are going to visit some other family members tonight. Tim is coming home tomorrow night, so it will be good to see him too. I told him he is going to be on baby duty after that, so he can try to get the little guy to sleep after having 3 nights away.
I should run, I am just babbling. I want to try and upload some pictures on Mom's computer.
2 comments:
Oh, my dear Kelly... Oh, Emma... I just laughed nearly 'til there were tears in my eyes. Hilarious!
Oh, and I'm tempted to join your triathlon team. As long as the sidestroke is allowed...
I think about you lots. I thought I should say it since I don't show it. Love you!
Post a Comment