We have been really good the past few weeks. Thanksgiving seemed to come fast and we all had a great time. We had a very casual day with a lazy breakfast of monkey bread, stayed in jams for a long time, and relaxed. Dinner wasn't until 4pm that day so we could accommodate the big game (GO PACKERS!) and have enough time to get the turkey and everything done. I was in charge of the turkey this year and if I say myself, it turned out perfect!! Then... of course... preparing for Black Friday!
Kristen and I have the best system for Black Friday. We plan out our whole day and shopping lists the night before and then get up around 5am to head out to the stores after the midnight crazies are back in bed - ha! We hit up three stores (Walmart, Target, K-mart) and had a lovely breakfast at IHOP and were back home at 8:15. Such fun!
Then -- back to Durand for deer hunting.
The past few weeks the kids have been great and are so looking forward to Christmas! The enthusiasm is infectious and I cannot wait for the big day! Evan visited the farm yesterday with Tim and helped Nana and Papa decorated the tree. He was very excited as he told me all about the Popsicles he put on the tree. (which Tim informed me were actually icicles, which makes much more sense!) Then, I guess all the way home Evan was asking Tim when we could get our tree and actually pointed out a few alongside the road on the way home that he thought would be perfect! Our tree will be coming this weekend! This year we plan on cutting down our own instead of just going to a local lot. More on that later.
Otherwise, school for me is done until January. Unfortunately then, I will be in a four-week fairly intense class (Leadership) but at least I will get one done in only 4 weeks - yeah! The professor already gave us homework and we have 2 papers due the first day of class. We will see how it goes. My thought was to substitute this kind of class for a summer class, so I can relax then. Work is still okay... well, okay at best. I am occasionally looking for new jobs, but am tentative about that too as I know that will mean the end of my 4 day work week most likely. I plan on looking for a new job more aggressively when the holidays are over.
Emma has been very busy in school and has made some very fun art projects lately like a gingerbread house, a book on St. Nicholas, and a neat picture of her and her friends at Christmas. She has struggled sometimes on Fridays going to school when I am home, which has been incredibly hard. Hopefully that will end soon. I am not sure what brought that on, but I hope it doesn't go on much longer. She has been playing Barbies a lot lately and has been enjoying quiet time playing by herself (which is nice sometimes compared to our rambunctious boy.) She likes to help me pick out my work outfits and I like listening to her comments. Tonight, I tried on a skirt (and still had my gym socks on with it) and she goes, "Well, Mommy, I really like the skirt. Maybe with that other shirt you have with the rings. Oh, and I DON'T like those socks. Why don't you find that other shirt and take off the socks and then come back and show me."
Evan is good as well. His vocabulary has been growing so much and lately enjoys very much listening to books and reading books to me as well. I believe he has been influenced by two new boys at daycare, as they are 5 and 4 and really teaching him how to be a boy. He is constantly running, pushing his trucks, or playing with his dog. He really has taken an interest in Sage lately and has been laying on her, playing with her, and throwing toys for her. His love of games continues and we all played Thomas the Train Uno tonight and had fun.
Tim is good! He had a very successful fall hunt and is very happy about that. He is now relaxing and continuing his search for a new job.
No comments:
Post a Comment