Monday, July 2, 2012

The cabin 2012

With the warmer than normal spring/summer, it makes the lake water at the cabin that much more enjoyable!  The kids, Tim, and I are taking full advantage and loving every minute.  The kids are down at the lake as much as Tim and I allow, as they know they are not to be there without an adult.  So, pretty much every waking minute that Tim and I want, we would be down by the water.

The activities???

Riding the jet-ski. 
All kids, and dog, enjoy this activity.  Sage just started riding this weekend.  In the past, we couldn't figure out why she would bark constantly and swim out after the jet-ski when people left.  Well, it turned out, she just wanted to go for a ride.  She loves it!  Evan does too. Emma is a bit more skiddish and when she does ride, reminds me "Now Mama, do NOT throw me off the jet-ski. Just an easy ride!"  They are both slowly driving and navigating the lake with a responsible parent along for the ride.

Sage enjoying the ride.


In fact, Sage gets upset if we go for a jet-ski ride without her.
 Swimming! 
Emma is learning to jump off the dock without her life-jacket and swim to where she can touch.  She and I also have "swmming lessons" where we go through what they are teaching her in class.  She so badly wants to learn how to dive and is taking small steps to get there.

Emma trying to perfect her dive.

Little bird, big bird - FLAP!

Even Sage gets in the action with her floaty toy.  She could constantly retrieve if someone was willing to throw her toy for her every 5 minutes.

Sage's favorite activity?  Retrieving her toy.

  And, then there is Evan.  He gets down to the lake, puts on his life jacket and jumps in!  This evening he even brought down one of his big cars and wooden ducks to play with. He threw them in first, then jumped to retrieve them as well.  He is maybe taking some lessons from Sage.

E
Hanging out and being goofy.
  The action shots. I was playing with the burst option on my camera and got a few good pics of him jumping in the lake.  His Aunt Pat laughs because when Evan jumps, he does the "running man" and is constantly kicking his legs until he hits the water.

Picture 1 of 2: Jumping off the dock.


Cowabunga!
 The trainer!
 Evan's ultimate water activity. He will drag this down to the lake, grab his goggles and climb on board.  Then it is "Mama, I want to ride the trainer. Will you drive me?"
He did try water skiing this weekend!  I was pretty excited for that. While it didn't go too well as his little legs cannot control the skis that well yet, I was still happy he tried!  He never made it out of the water and unfortunately, swallowed some water as well.

S'up Dudes?  I am training.


Olympics 2012 Baby!  I am there with my water-ski trainer.  If only....

Emma rode it a few times as well.  Her preferred water activity though? Swimming and jumping off the dock.
Go Emma!
Hopefully we can get her water-skiing this year!
 And then - relaxing! 
Being patient, enjoying the downtime, and loving the lake!

Patiently waiting.

A jumping contest... I think Sage wins.



She flies through the air with the greatest of ease...
 That is a snapshot of our time at the lake.  We had Eric, Jordan, Gaeb, and Seth up for the weekend as well.  The kids love having their older siblings up at the lake and it is fun to celebrate the 4th holiday with family.  We went fishing, went deep swimming, and just hung out.  There is nothing wrong with that when it is 90+ degrees outside.  Perfect weather for being at a cabin that has air conditioning!  HA!

No comments: