Emma and I went on a bike ride tonight. I normally let her lead, as at times she can still be a bit unsteady and I like to know she is being safe, but this time she wanted to ride along side of me. It is normally very nice to get outside, chat with her about things, and get some exercise for both of us.
Tonight, as we were riding down the road to where we think her little friend Jack lives, she says to me "Mom, I have a secret!" Yup, I take the bait and proceed to chat with her about this "secret".
Me: "Oh yeah?! What is your secret?"
Emma: She sighs, glances sideways at me with a bemused look on her face "I think Jack has a crush on me."
Me: acting surprised "Oh really? Why do you think that?"
Emma: Big smile "I just think he does."
Me: "Well, I kind of think you have a crush on him too!"
Emma - acting embarrassed and surprised: "MOM!"
And then she started to say how she thinks she is probably too young to have a crush on a boy and for Jack to have a crush on her, (with another sigh too). So, I told her that I remember who I had a crush on when I was in kindergarten, which made her laugh and ask about that.
It was a fun little conversation.
No comments:
Post a Comment