A year or two ago, I bought the kids a little set of golf clubs at a garage sale for $5. Because Tim and I like to golf, we thought it was a good idea to get the kids out early and have them start appreciating the game as well. We would let them hit in the yard and they had fun trying to hit the little ball and watching Sage retrieve them. We had been noticing that the garage sale set was getting small for Emma, so to Goodwill we went to buy her a new set of clubs. Since both kids were outfitted with clubs, Tim took them to a driving range to get them more practice and we heading out the following weekend to an executive par three up by the cabin for their first time golfing.
 |
| Evan had to carry his clubs like his Daddy - on his back. |
The kids were excited to be out. The nice people at the course let the kids hit for free as we were unsure how well they would like it and how long they would last. They were both delighted to see the golf cart as they didn't know they got to ride around in style.
They started out well on hole #1 as Tim and I tried to explain the games and the rules. They were champs really. The par 3 was the best way to go, as it went fast enough for them to keep them motivated. I started out "golfing" (if you can call it that) with my Dad when I was about Emma's age. He would go golfing with family or friends and I would come along. He gave me a few balls, a 7 iron, and let me golf on the same holes he was. I didn't hit every hole, but I remember running after my ball and remember thinking how far Dad could hit the ball and wanting to do it. (am I there yet? No...)
 |
| Evan has a wicked swing. |
Both kids hit most holes and really enjoyed riding along in the cart. They said that Tim's golf balls were like magic wands as they went so far & well. Emma and I had matching pink golf balls (which she thought was awesome) and both kids loved having golf tees in their pockets. Evan's favorite thing (along with golfing of course) was washing his golf ball.
 |
| Proud brother and sister getting ready to golf. |
 |
| Emma trying out her driver. |
And, we followed up after golfing with hamburgers, fries, and ice cream. Just like I did when I was a kid with my Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment